2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2011 6:20 PM by samyomar82

Is there an official support for eclipselink JPA2 provider in Jboss AS 7.0 or 7.1 ???

samyomar82

I am trying to deploy an application built with Richfaces 4.1 and EclipseLink JPA2 provide on Jboss7 application server.

I have issues in  the deployment process and I read in another blog that Jboss AS 7 does not supprt EclipseLink

Please advice ....

• 1. Re: Is there an official support for eclipselink JPA2 provider in Jboss AS 7.0 or 7.1 ???
          smarlow

EclipseLink doesn't yet know how to lookup the Transaction Manager on AS7.  Its possible to write integration code for AS7 to improve that.  There is also app server integration code in EclipseLink as well (that this could be added to).

Have you tried posting on the EclipseLink forum and ask if/when EclipseLink could switch to using the TransactionSynchronizationRegistry instead of TransactionManager.  The JTA 1.1 specification mentions the standard JNDI name for the TSR java:comp/TransactionSynchronizationRegistry.

If you post to the EclipseLink forum, you could reference this forum link, so that interested parties could discuss the best way to get this working.  There are other AS7 community contributors that also want to help.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is there an official support for eclipselink JPA2 provider in Jboss AS 7.0 or 7.1 ???
            samyomar82

Thanks for your reply, we are waiting any updates from Jboss community or from EclipseLink community.

I will stick with Hibernate 4 now, until this issue get resolved.