1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 10:57 AM by jayshaughnessy

How can i edit the favourite Resources portlet to show more nodes for availability on dashboard

sairamnadh

It looks like the current limit is set to 30 nodes. How can i get more than 30 nodes to show up on the Favourite Resources portlet or in any other portlet along with more counters other than availability on the dashboard? for example : free memory, etc.

All I need is a easy way to see the availability of all my  nodes along with its free memory and other available counters on dashboard. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: How can i edit the favourite Resources portlet to show more nodes for availability on dashboard
          jayshaughnessy

I'm not sure which version you're using but with recent RHQ versions, or the upcoming JON release, I don't think there is that sort of limit on the number of favorite resources.  Although, I'm not sure using favorites is the best way to do what you want.  I think whatyou may want to use is the "Platform Utilization" portlet (also in the Report view).  This will list all of your platforms and a little bit about each, like cpu/memory/swap.  If the platform is down it will report those numbers as N/A (Not Applicable).  Also, the "Alerted ot Unavailable" resources portlet will show down resources.  The Inventory Platforms view will also give you a listing of platforms with availability status.