1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2011 3:48 PM by Izabella Kleynshteyn Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: CustomEnversListener and Spring
    Izabella Kleynshteyn Newbie

I tied the way Adam suggested : no errors, but :

1. If I register AuditEventListener, REVINFO table was used and all audit tables populated

2. If I comment out AuditEventListener and don't specify any other one, audit tables were not populated.

• 16. Re: CustomEnversListener and Spring
    Adam Warski Master

Yes, of course you need to specify the event listener, it's a different thing than the revision entity.

Is the revision entity in the same jar that all other entities?

Adam

• 17. Re: CustomEnversListener and Spring

Yes, the revision entity (CustomRevisionEntity) resides in the same jar with other regular entities (annotated as @Entity).

Looks like AuditEventListener is not checking for annotation @RevisionEntity, but just uses REVINFO table by default.

• 18. Re: CustomEnversListener and Spring
    Adam Warski Master

Is the table for CustomRevisionEntity created by Hibernate (provided that your are using hbm2ddl=update or create-drop)?

Adam

• 19. Re: CustomEnversListener and Spring

No, I created this table manually, and it resides (revision_info and tables with suffix _aud) in the same database file with auditable tables (it's Firebird; no schemas)

• 20. Re: CustomEnversListener and Spring
    Adam Warski Master

Could you try persisting a new CustomRevisionEntity manually, to make sure that Hibernate sees that entity?

Adam

• 21. Re: CustomEnversListener and Spring

I will try it.

What else I tried : I registered my listener CustomEnversListener and modified it this way

public class CustomEnversListener implements RevisionListener, PostUpdateEventListener {

public void onPostUpdate(PostUpdateEvent postUpdateEvent)

{

}

}

In this case I don't get any errors, update works fine and revision tables not populated (it's understandable why - my onPostUpdate is empty).

Looks like all is fine with listener itself; could be the problem persists with CustomRevisionEntity ?

• 22. Re: CustomEnversListener and Spring
    Adam Warski Master

Believe me, the EventListeners don't have anything to do here

Adam

• 23. Re: CustomEnversListener and Spring

Sure, I believe you !  It's just was a try ... (I saw on web one user mentioned exception will go away if we change the listener this way).

I just wanted to make sure the listener "listens".

• 24. Re: CustomEnversListener and Spring

Adam,

I tried to persist a new CustomRevisionEntity manually, and log contains :

.......CustomRevisionEntityHibernate.entity is null false

Hibernate: select gen_id( hibernate_sequence, 1 ) from RDB$DATABASE

Hibernate: insert into revision_info (REVTSTMP, username, REV) values (?, ?, ?)

and table has been populated.

But via listener :

java.lang.ArrayStoreException: com.etranscor.domain.audit.CustomEnversListener

at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.setListener(Configuration.java:1722)

• 25. Re: CustomEnversListener and Spring

Adam,

all is fine now : the problem was in entity. Don't know how, but it was using hibernate.annotations.Entity instead of javax.persistense.Entity (my word, initially it was right; probably, after manipulating the code for listener I dropped the import statement, and the the wrong one was inserted.)

So, for all other users having the same problem :

in my case I registered in Spring the default listener  AuditEventListener, created CustomRevisionEntity with annotaion @RevisionEntity(CustomEnversListener.class) &  CustomEnversListener (see code in the beginning of this thread).

CustomRevisionEntity I registered in Spring application-context.xml under sessionFactory bean this way :

<property name="annotatedClasses">

<list>

<value>com.etranscor.domain.audit.CustomRevisionEntity</value>

</list>

</property>

Please pay attention to import statement for @Entity in  CustomRevisionEntity : it must be "import javax.persistence.Entity;"

The only problem left : how to get the real user value (inside the code and manual insert into revision_info table this code worked :

String user= SecurityContextHolder.getContext().getAuthentication().getName();

But in my jar that keeps only entities, it's null.

)

Anyway, thank you very much for help and a great hint !

1 2 Previous Next