1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 10:36 AM by schmyrczyk

EJB Timer Service in JBOSS5.1.0

euler

Hi,

I run a JBOSS 5.1.0 Cluster with 2 Nodes.

My problem is, that the EJB Timers run on both nodes.

How do I achieve that the timers run only on the master node and switch to the second node only in case of failure of the first node?

Where can I do the setting for getting QuartzScheduler CLUSTERED?

output of server.log:

11:14:18,321 INFO  [QuartzScheduler] Quartz Scheduler v.1.5.2 created.

11:14:18,325 INFO  [RAMJobStore] RAMJobStore initialized.

11:14:18,325 INFO  [StdSchedulerFactory] Quartz scheduler 'DefaultQuartzScheduler' initialized from default resource file in Quartz package: 'quartz.properties'

11:14:18,325 INFO  [StdSchedulerFactory] Quartz scheduler version: 1.5.2

11:14:18,326 INFO  [QuartzScheduler] Scheduler DefaultQuartzScheduler_$_NON_CLUSTERED started.

I try to move the files ejb2-timer-service.xml and ejb3-timerservice-jboss-beans.xml from deploy directory to deploy-hasingleton directory,

which seems to work for node 1 ( DefaultQuartzScheduler_$_NON_CLUSTERED is still available in the log) but by doing the same for node 2 I get deployment errors of kind:

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:

Deployment "jboss.j2ee:jar=profileservice-secured.jar,name=SecureDeploymentManager,service=EJB3" is missing the following dependencies:

Dependency "<UNKNOWN jboss.j2ee:jar=profileservice-secured.jar,name=SecureDeploymentManager,service=EJB3>" (should be in state "Described", but is actually in state "** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService' **")

any suggestitions appreciated