4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 12:19 PM by jeeva2

Is AOP enabled in JBOSS 7?

redmaverick
      I

I was able to deploy a WAR file with AOP enabled in JBOSS 5. I passed the spring-agent jar as the javaagent parameter and made a few other modifications.

But I am not able to deploy the war file in JBOSS 7. Is AOP enabled in JBOSS7?

• 1. Re: Is AOP enabled in JBOSS 7?
          jaikiran
          • 2. Re: Is AOP enabled in JBOSS 7?
            redmaverick

thanks Jai for the link.

How do I go about solving the issue? I have a war file and I want to make it run in JBOSS 7 with AOP enabled. Any directions or hints greatly appreciated.

• 3. Re: Is AOP enabled in JBOSS 7?
              jaikiran

Karthee Kholi wrote:

How do I go about solving the issue? I have a war file and I want to make it run in JBOSS 7 with AOP enabled. Any directions or hints greatly appreciated.

Like Kabir said in that referenced thread, it's not possible in AS7.

• 4. Re: Is AOP enabled in JBOSS 7?
                jeeva2

I have the same issue. I have a war file with load time aop waeving which works fine in jboss 5.x. When I try to deploy this in jboss 7, it is complaining that:

"org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name  'org.springframework.context.weaving.AspectJWeavingEnabler#0': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'loadTimeWeaver': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: ClassLoader [org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader] does NOT provide an 'addTransformer(ClassFileTransformer)' method. Specify a custom LoadTimeWeaver or start your Java virtual machine with Spring's agent: -javaagent:org.springframework.instrument.jar"

I even tried adding jvm options as below:

:JAVA_OPTS_SET

set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -javaagent:spring-instrument-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar"

rem set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -javaagent:spring-agent-2.5.6.jar"

Still I get the same error. Any guidelines as to how to resolve this load time aop will be helpful.

Or load time aop is just not possible is AS7. If so, is it in roadmap to be supported in any future releases?