I've been trying to get an app of ours running on a recent snapshot AS7. I ran into a problem that I tracked down to JCA, and figured out how to fix and patch it (see JBJCA-593).
Do you guys have any feedback on the patch?
Also, what's the best way to get my patched version of IronJacamar into my AS7 instance?
I could try to hunt down and swap all the various jars in the modules directory, but that sounds kind of tedious. I'm wondering if I can change a flag somewhere in the AS7 build config and have it pull in my custom ironjacamar version. I don't know how to do that, though.
Thanks for your thoughts,
Matt Drees wrote:
I'm wondering if I can change a flag somewhere in the AS7 build config and have it pull in my custom ironjacamar version. I don't know how to do that, though.
Ok, figured out how to do that. In jboss-as/build, I ran "mvn package -Dversion.org.jboss.ironjacamar=1.0.0.Beta7.jta-patch-SNAPSHOT" and it pulled in my patched ironjacamar jars. Cool.
The patch have been merged, thanks !
Yeah, that was probably the best way, since I have changed some of the APIs also used by AS 7 - you don't want this one.
We will soon have a new version of IronJacamar in AS 7 - and once we have a stable branch there will be a simple installer for patch updating.
|Retrieving data ...|