2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2011 10:50 AM by jesper.pedersen

Problem using two different XA datasources in AS7

matt.drees

Hi all,

I've been trying to get an app of ours running on a recent snapshot AS7.  I ran into a problem that I tracked down to JCA, and figured out how to fix and patch it (see JBJCA-593).

Do you guys have any feedback on the patch?

Also, what's the best way to get my patched version of IronJacamar into my AS7 instance?

I could try to hunt down and swap all the various jars in the modules directory, but that sounds kind of tedious.  I'm wondering if I can change a flag somewhere in the AS7 build config and have it pull in my custom ironjacamar version.  I don't know how to do that, though.

Thanks for your thoughts,

-Matt

• 1. Re: Problem using two different XA datasources in AS7
          matt.drees

Matt Drees wrote:

I'm wondering if I can change a flag somewhere in the AS7 build config and have it pull in my custom ironjacamar version.  I don't know how to do that, though.

Ok, figured out how to do that.  In jboss-as/build, I ran "mvn package -Dversion.org.jboss.ironjacamar=1.0.0.Beta7.jta-patch-SNAPSHOT" and it pulled in my patched ironjacamar jars.  Cool.

• 2. Re: Problem using two different XA datasources in AS7
            jesper.pedersen

The patch have been merged, thanks !

Yeah, that was probably the best way, since I have changed some of the APIs also used by AS 7 - you don't want this one.

We will soon have a new version of IronJacamar in AS 7 - and once we have a stable branch there will be a simple installer for patch updating.