1 Reply Latest reply: May 18, 2011 10:26 PM by Rick Wagner RSS

Spring Component

Alejandro Montenegro Novice

The idea is to provide a similar functionality as the actual Bean Component, Initially I'm planning to implement a custom namespace, that will allow me to declare a switchyard service in a spring application context, first version would look like this:

<swyd:service id="myService" service-interface="org.jboss.switchyard.MyService"/>

This will assume a default location of the configuration file switcyrad.xml, else you will also be able to set by:

<swyd:service id="myService" service-interface="org.jboss.switchyard.MyService">

<property name="conf-file" value="my-switchyard.xml"/>

</swyd:service>

By creating the custom namespace and handlers I should be able to inject, the service in a spring bean (any pojo) by either using annotation:

@Autowired MyService myService;

or as a reference in the spring application context

<bean id="mySpringPojo" class="org.jboss.spring.MethodInvokingFactoryBean">

<property name="staticMethod" ref="myService">

</bean>

As the core concept is the same as the bean component let me know if I'm missing something, possibly at the service definition I should add more properties or something else..

In further version I have been thinking about make possible to declare transformers at application context.

• 1. Spring Component
    Rick Wagner Newbie

Hi Alejandro,

I'm not sure I'm understanding what we're doing here.  Are you saying we can produce Switchyard components in an otherwise 'normal' Spring context (application)?  Spring 3 or ?

Please elaborate a little further, maybe even include basic drawings if they help to make the context absolutely clear.  This is very interesting.

Thanks!

Rick