1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2011 2:27 PM by rajivtmathew

HornetQActivation: Failure

rajivtmathew

I'm integrating JBoss AS 6 (Final) to my application. I'm using vanilla HornetQ, as-is from the JBoss 6 package download. My deployments appear to register and start up, upto the point that it tries to get messaging going. Thats where I get this exception:

-------------------------------------------

16:42:40,387 WARN  [TimerServiceContainer] EJBTHREE-2193: using deprecated TimerServiceFactory for restoring timers

16:42:53,621 ERROR [HornetQPacketHandler] Failed to create session : HornetQException[errorCode=105 message=Unable to validate user: null]

at org.hornetq.core.security.impl.SecurityStoreImpl.authenticate(SecurityStoreImpl.java:141) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl.createSession(HornetQServerImpl.java:576) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.HornetQPacketHandler.handleCreateSession(HornetQPacketHandler.java:158) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.HornetQPacketHandler.handlePacket(HornetQPacketHandler.java:84) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.ChannelImpl.handlePacket(ChannelImpl.java:471) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.RemotingConnectionImpl.doBufferReceived(RemotingConnectionImpl.java:451) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.RemotingConnectionImpl.bufferReceived(RemotingConnectionImpl.java:412) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.remoting.server.impl.RemotingServiceImpl$DelegatingBufferHandler.bufferReceived(RemotingServiceImpl.java:459) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.invm.InVMConnection$1.run(InVMConnection.java:135) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.utils.OrderedExecutorFactory$OrderedExecutor$1.run(OrderedExecutorFactory.java:100) [:6.0.0.Final]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [:1.6.0_24]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [:1.6.0_24]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [:1.6.0_24]

16:42:53,637 INFO  [JBossASKernel] installing bean: jboss.j2ee:ear=apollo.ear,jar=ModuleOne.jar,name=ModuleOneDeviceInfo,service=EJB3,type=ManagementInterface

16:42:53,637 ERROR [HornetQPacketHandler] Failed to create session : HornetQException[errorCode=105 message=Unable to validate user: null]

at org.hornetq.core.security.impl.SecurityStoreImpl.authenticate(SecurityStoreImpl.java:141) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl.createSession(HornetQServerImpl.java:576) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.HornetQPacketHandler.handleCreateSession(HornetQPacketHandler.java:158) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.HornetQPacketHandler.handlePacket(HornetQPacketHandler.java:84) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.ChannelImpl.handlePacket(ChannelImpl.java:471) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.RemotingConnectionImpl.doBufferReceived(RemotingConnectionImpl.java:451) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.RemotingConnectionImpl.bufferReceived(RemotingConnectionImpl.java:412) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.remoting.server.impl.RemotingServiceImpl$DelegatingBufferHandler.bufferReceived(RemotingServiceImpl.java:459) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.remoting.impl.invm.InVMConnection$1.run(InVMConnection.java:135) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.utils.OrderedExecutorFactory$OrderedExecutor$1.run(OrderedExecutorFactory.java:100) [:6.0.0.Final]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [:1.6.0_24]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [:1.6.0_24]

16:42:53,637 INFO  [JBossASKernel]   with dependencies:

16:42:53,637 INFO  [JBossASKernel]   and demands:

16:42:53,637 INFO  [JBossASKernel] jboss-switchboard:appName=apollo,module=ModuleOne,name=ModuleOneDeviceInfo; Required: Create

16:42:53,637 INFO  [JBossASKernel] jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService; Required: Described

16:42:53,637 INFO  [JBossASKernel] jboss.j2ee:ear=apollo.ear,jar=.jar,name=ModuleOneDeviceInfo,service=EJB3; Required: Described

16:42:53,637 INFO  [JBossASKernel]   and supplies:

16:42:53,637 INFO  [JBossASKernel] jndi:ModuleOneDeviceInfo

16:42:53,637 INFO  [JBossASKernel] Class:com.safenetinc.smc.module.info.DeviceInfoMBean

16:42:53,637 INFO  [JBossASKernel] Installing bean(jboss.j2ee:ear=apollo.ear,jar=ModuleOne.jar,name=ModuleOneDeviceInfo,service=EJB3,type=ManagementInterface) into kernel

16:42:53,637 WARN  [HornetQActivation] Failure in HornetQ activation org.hornetq.ra.inflow.HornetQActivationSpec(ra=org.hornetq.ra.HornetQResourceAdapter@5ae523 destination=queue/report destinationType=javax.jms.Queue ack=Auto-acknowledge durable=false clientID=null user=null maxSession=15): HornetQException[errorCode=105 message=Unable to validate user: null]

at org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.ChannelImpl.sendBlocking(ChannelImpl.java:287) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.FailoverManagerImpl.createSession(FailoverManagerImpl.java:412) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ClientSessionFactoryImpl.createSessionInternal(ClientSessionFactoryImpl.java:1123) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ClientSessionFactoryImpl.createSession(ClientSessionFactoryImpl.java:849) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.ra.HornetQResourceAdapter.createSession(HornetQResourceAdapter.java:1293) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.ra.inflow.HornetQActivation.setupSession(HornetQActivation.java:351) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.ra.inflow.HornetQActivation.setup(HornetQActivation.java:289) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.hornetq.ra.inflow.HornetQActivation$SetupActivation.run(HornetQActivation.java:573) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.jboss.resource.work.WorkWrapper.run(WorkWrapper.java:172) [:6.0.0.Final]

at org.jboss.threads.SimpleDirectExecutor.execute(SimpleDirectExecutor.java:33) [:2.0.0.CR7]

at org.jboss.threads.QueueExecutor.runTask(QueueExecutor.java:801) [:2.0.0.CR7]

at org.jboss.threads.QueueExecutor.access$100(QueueExecutor.java:45) [:2.0.0.CR7]

at org.jboss.threads.QueueExecutor$Worker.run(QueueExecutor.java:821) [:2.0.0.CR7]

at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:122) [:2.0.0.CR7]

16:42:53,653 INFO  [EJBContainer] STARTED EJB: com.safenetinc.smc.module.device.module.ModuleOneDeviceInfo ejbName: ModuleOneDeviceInfo

16:42:53,653 INFO  [JndiSessionRegistrarBase] Binding the following Entries in Global JNDI:

-------------------------------------------

I have referred to the HornetQ quick start guide, and found no information there. Currently reading through the user manual to look for instructions on configuration. FYI, I'm using the default JBoss profile.

Suggestions, anyone?

• 1. Re: HornetQActivation: Failure
          rajivtmathew

I think I figured out the reason why hornetQ activation was failing. In my environment, I dont require security for the JMS messages. By default, security is turned on, however. The solution is to navigate to [JBOSS_HOME]/server/default/deploy/hornetq/ and edit the hornetq-configuration.xml to add a new entry:

<security-enabled>false</security-enabled>

Also, adding the following 2 lines in the same xml file:

<cluster-user>guest</cluster-user>

<cluster-password>guest</cluster-password>

helps preclude the following error from JBoss server log:

"Security risk! It has been detected that the cluster admin user and password have not been changed from the installation default. Please see the HornetQ user guide, cluster chapter, for instructions on how to do this."