3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2011 3:37 AM by knkpchari

Memory Leak using jbossprofiler 2.0 beta 5 and JDK 6

kiran_yalamati

Hello Eveyyone,

Can you help me how to find memory leaks in the application using Jboss-Profiler 2.0 beta 5 . My application is running on jboss4.2.3GA using jdk 6. In the forums i found that Jboss-Profiler 2.0 will not support JVMPI for jdk1.6. if this is the case then pls suggest me any other alternate to find out the memory leaks.

• 1. Memory Leak using jbossprofiler 2.0 beta 5 and JDK 6
          jesper.pedersen

Use JBoss Profiler 1.x.

Version 2.0 doesn't do memory leak detection yet, since the JVMTI backend hasn't been implemented yet.

• 2. Memory Leak using jbossprofiler 2.0 beta 5 and JDK 6
            geetamani1

i have downloaded jboss-profiler-1.0.CR4 on windows XP machine.performed all the steps below.

1)copy jboss-profiler-noAOP.sar to the JBoss AS deploy directory

2) put jbossInspector.dll in your PATH (Windows)

or libjbossInspector.so in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH (Linux/Unix)

3) copy jboss-profiler.war to the JBoss AS deploy directory

Configuration:

1) Add something like this to the JBoss JVM options: -XrunjbossInspector:/tmp/profiler,include=com.unisys,ignore=*,memory=false

Make sure the output directory (/tmp/profiler in this example) exists.

Usage:

1) In the jmx-console, use the jboss.profiler Native-profiler mbean to activate profiling

2) Exercise your application

3) In the jmx-console, use the jboss.profiler Native-profiler mbean to stop profiling (if you forget to do this, you will

probably get a java.io.EOFException when you try to use the analyzer war)

4) Analyze results using the JBoss Profiler web app at localhost:8080/jboss-profiler

Example analysis:

a. Click on 'Runtime Profiler'

b. Enter the output directory, for example, /tmp/profiler

c. next step does not show me the process ids.

not sure what i am missing here.

• 3. Memory Leak using jbossprofiler 2.0 beta 5 and JDK 6
              knkpchari

Hi Geeta,

I am started the jboss using recently. Can you please help me in providing the document for

binding the jprofiler with jboss 4.2.2. I am getting the java.net.socketerror. I want to find where

the problem is.

Thanks in advance

Naveen