4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2011 8:33 AM by chriskulinski

JBoss AS6 - HDScanner scanPeriod?

chriskulinski

We're upgrading to JBoss AS 6 Final and are attemping to apply some of our configuration settings from 4.x and 5.x installations. Where in JBoss 6 would I configure the scanning interval of the hot deployer?

In previous versions, I could configure the scanPeriod of the HDScanner.  In the final release of JBoss 6, I haven't been able to locate this configuration.  There doesn't seem to be anything user-configurable in hdscanner-jboss-beans.xml.  In the default profile.xml, there's a configuration for a DefaultHDScannerFactory, but I can't determine how to configure that object with a scanPeriod.  Looking at the source, I don't see an ability to configure that object    It looks like I'd need to configure a Scanner to pass into registerScanner() in order to set the scanPeriod.

Does anyone have advice on how to configure this option?  Is it still supported in JBoss 6?

Thanks!

• 1. JBoss AS6 - HDScanner scanPeriod?
          jaikiran

Hmmm....

I don't remember seeing any discussion around changing this config. So let me just dig around and see how/where it's controlled now.

• 2. JBoss AS6 - HDScanner scanPeriod?
            jaikiran

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBAS-8796 has been created to track the documentation around this setting.

• 3. Re: JBoss AS6 - HDScanner scanPeriod?
              emuckenhuber

Maybe you can try this setting in confi/bootstrap/profile.xml

--- profile.xml          (revision 109701)
              +++ profile.xml          (working copy)
              @@ -40,8 +40,14 @@
                                             </list>
                                   </property>
                                   <property name="attachmentStoreRoot">${jboss.server.data.dir}/attachments</property>
              +                    <property name="scanPeriod"><inject bean="ScanPeriod" /></property>
                         </bean>

+          <!-- The scan period in seconds -->
              +          <bean name="ScanPeriod" class="org.jboss.profileservice.profile.metadata.plugin.ScanPeriod">
              +                    <property name="scanPeriod">5</property>
              +          </bean>
              +
                         <!-- The profile service configuration -->

• 4. JBoss AS6 - HDScanner scanPeriod?
                chriskulinski

Thanks for the help Emanuel.

I tested the settings you provided for profile.xml and successfully modified the scanning interval period. I can add a quick note in the wiki article I referenced earlier so that everyone else will have similar guidance.

Thanks!