1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2011 8:54 AM by mkumarna Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Scrolling Large Data Sets: What Is The Best Choice; dataTable, extendedDataTable, scrollableDataTable?
        momans

Thank you John for the reply. Actually I have been using the Gochev's proposal since two days but I don't know where is the problem.

I use Long (the IDs from the data store) as the SerializableDataModel PK, should these PK's be consequent as in the Gochev's solution? Shouldthey be Integer? I don't know! and Nick has said that it must be Serializable! So everything should go alright..

The Ajax error I got is exactly:

error[17:54:20.491]: Received 'error@malformedXML' event from <span id=showTransactions:transactions:j_idt58 class=rf-ds ...>
        error[17:54:20.492]: [200] undefined: undefined
        info [17:54:20.493]: Received 'complete' event from <span id=showTransactions:transactions:j_idt58 class=rf-ds ...>
        debug[17:54:20.494]: richfaces.queue: ajax submit error
        debug[17:54:20.495]: richfaces.queue: Nothing to submit

I have checked all parts of the responseText, and the tags are correctly returned! Except the javax.faces.ViewState, but I am sure that it is also correctly returned since it is included in a ![CDATA[ tag..

I did already checked the SequenceDataModel implementation:

http://www.jarvana.com/jarvana/view/net/java/dev/ajax4jsf/ajax4jsf/1.0.6/ajax4jsf-1.0.6-sources.jar!/org/ajax4jsf/ajax/repeat/SequenceDataModel.java?format=ok

But also no clue why my responseText is malformed!

Thanks for help

• 16. Re: Scrolling Large Data Sets: What Is The Best Choice; dataTable, extendedDataTable, scrollableDataTable?
          jabailo

So after that, because I couldn't use Hibernate (non-relational datasource) and I couldn't get the Pk to work, I ended up creating and managing my own pk after retrieving the dataset.    So, in all instances (with or without a filter) I get a record count, then I add this to my object/record managed by the data provider.   Then when I need a primary key, I do it as a object.getPk() retrieves user.getId().

• 17. Re: Scrolling Large Data Sets: What Is The Best Choice; dataTable, extendedDataTable, scrollableDataTable?
            mkumarna

Hi John,

I have used rich:scrollableDataTable for its fixed header, frozen column and sortMode feature.

But i want to apply pagination on rch:scrollableDataTable. so that i have used rich:dataScroller.

but when i want to get the data of last page, the data table is displaying the first pags's records.

Say, if i have a list of 218 records and rows per page is 10 then,

--> dataScroller is displaying 22 pages in UI

--> when i clicked on page # 22, instead of showing rest 8 records its displaying the 10 recoreds of page # 1

could you please suggest any solution to achieve this scenario.

here i have used richfaces 3.3.1.CR2 APIs

Regards,

Manoj

1 2 Previous Next