1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 129 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 2:30 AM by blabno Go to original post
      • 60. Schedule
        blabno

In schedule's online demo it works as it should so it is 100% your backend/configuragion mistake.

• 61. Schedule
          narvava

Hi,

Is data iteration possible in this calendar like we iterate through rich datagrid. I need to iterate data on this calendar from particular date to another date.

If it is, could you plz send me any example code if possible.

Regards,

Naresh.

• 62. Schedule
            blabno

Yes, data iteration is posible. Just provide apropriate data model. See http://bernard.labno.pl/svn/richfaces/samples/schedule-sample/

• 63. Schedule
              narvava

hi,

Thanx a lot for quick reply. I can not access this link as I don't have svn. I am new to richfaces ...Could you please attach any rich faces page which contains calendar  with data iteration code. What I have done is I m getting a hashmap with date and schedule data(key and object) and comparing date  in calendar and show the respective schedule on that particular date. I hope this is possible with Schedule.
              Another thing is I have included jar and required taglib but could not work with schedule tags. I am using richfaces 3.3.3

thanks

Naresh.

• 64. Schedule
                blabno

Checkout the demo (link is somewhere in this thread).

This component is not part of official release so you must grab a separate jar which is linked at thread this root post.

• 65. Re: Schedule
                  blabno

Major bug in schedule component has been found recently and fixed. There was a problem when server and client were in different timezones. Date (i.e. selected day) was converted on client side to milliseconds since epoch, on server it was done the other way around, but the same number had different meaning in different timezones. Thus user could select 9:30-11:00 and on server date could be i.e. 10:30-12:00.

Please note that schedule component is now maintained under 3.3.4-SNAPSHOT version. You may still use it with RF 3.3.3.Final.

• 66. Schedule
                    gprobst81

Hi Bernard,

few days I found here this great schedule component. Seems to be great work.

Unfortunetly I don't know how to use it in my app.

I have deploy the snapshot.jar you offer on first page in our nexus and can built my project with maven.

I include the backing bean and schedule.xhtml out of the example. As result nothing happens ... no error no scheduler :-(

I would say I forgot some urgent steps ;-) Can you, or somebody else on the board, explain more in detail what I have to do?

Thanks in advance!

Guido

• 67. Schedule
                      blabno

Make sure you have default script and style loading strategy configured.

• 68. Re: Schedule
                        gprobst81

Thx for quick reply!

Is LoadScript=All strategy a must criteria? Because we have a portal environment (liferay) with another jquery so we had to switch it off.

We load both framework.pack.js and ui.pack.js manually. While loading schedule.xhtml I get no js error (ex. missing objects, etc.).

What about configuration like faces-config (excluding bean definition) or taglib.xml. Is there something to do for the schedule component/tag or is it implicit configured in jar?

• 69. Re: Schedule
                          blabno

If you must have it switched off then add following to your facelet:

{code:xml}

<a4j:loadStyle src="resource://org/richfaces/renderkit/html/css/fullcalendar.css"/>

<a4j:loadScript src="resource://org/richfaces/renderkit/html/scripts/ui.core.js"/>

<a4j:loadScript src="resource://org/richfaces/renderkit/html/scripts/ui.draggable.js"/>

<a4j:loadScript src="resource://org/richfaces/renderkit/html/scripts/ui.resizable.js"/>

<a4j:loadScript src="resource://org/richfaces/renderkit/html/scripts/fullcalendar.js"/>

<a4j:loadScript src="resource://org/richfaces/renderkit/html/scripts/richfaces.schedule.js"/>

<a4j:loadScript src="resource://org.richfaces.renderkit.html.scripts.ScheduleMessages"/>{code:xml}

• 70. Re: Schedule
                            gprobst81

Hi,

thanks for your help. Scheduler renders now :-)

Currently I cannot move or resize such items. Is there some known issue on that?

During debug, if I try to resize or move I see that no Listener method (taskMoved(), taskResized()) is called, except editable is true.

I attached my schedule.xhtml and the backing bean ScheduleBean.java.

Do you see anything going wrong? Tell me, if you need more info from me...

• 71. Re: Schedule
                              blabno

I've tested your code in tomcat and i'm getting nullpointers cause your taskMoved and taskResized methods return nulls, while they should return booleans.

Jay, or Nick, if event listener have wrong signature (returning void in stead of boolean), then how should the component act? Treating void/null as false may make it difficult to debug.

• 72. Re: Schedule
                                gprobst81

Oh damn, I just forgot to change it back. This was a test to try what happens.

The origin code from you has boolean return value as you said and those two listerners are also not working proberly in my version.

Except the wrong viod return statement, is the code looking right? I might changed some listerner class names, because some out of the example  not exist. For example in the example the listener dateRangeSelected(ScheduleDateRangeSelectedEvent event) method dont know ScheduleDateRangeSelectedEvent.class. I have to change it to ScheduleDateRangeSelectEvent!

Maybe it could st. wrong because of our Portal environment. I know it uses potal specific classes for instance PortalAjaxViewRoot and runs in a PortletSession instead HttpSession, etc.

I'am not a js developer but my feeling is something wrong with js. As I try to resize or move items some js should be calling first, isn't it?

Hmm...any idea I could try out?

Thx in advance!

Guido

• 73. Re: Schedule
                                  blabno

Your code was working good when i've changed signatures to return Boolean. Component hasn't been tested in portal environment. I don't have portal so if anyone else could test it I would be greateful.

Are you using schedule 3.3.3.Final or 3.3.4-SNAPSHOT? I suggest using 3.3.4-SNAPSHOT. You can use schedule-3.3.4-SNAPSHOT with richfaces 3.3.3.Final.

• 74. Re: Schedule
                                    gprobst81

Ok! I'll further try to make it working. If there sth. portal specific things to recognize I will tell you.

We use the snapshot version.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next