6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2010 11:30 AM by peterj

Jboss Deployment Error

samb1985

I have installed JBoss AS on Ubuntu Server.

When I execute run.sh at the end compare JBoss...started in x s....

But write also:

DEPLOYMENT ERROR:

...already in use address 127.0.0.1:8009 ....

and Jboss don't work at localhost:8080

How is the problem ?

• 1. Re: Jboss Deployment Error
          peterj
          • 2. Re: Jboss Deployment Error
            samb1985

Here is the detailed log (last part):

18:27:30,702 INFO  [JndiSessionRegistrarBase] Binding the following Entries in Global JNDI:

SecureManagementView/remote - EJB3.x Default Remote Business Interface
                SecureManagementView/remote-org.jboss.deployers.spi.management.ManagementView - EJB3.x Remote Business Interface

18:27:30,835 INFO  [SessionSpecContainer] Starting jboss.j2ee:jar=profileservice-secured.jar,name=SecureProfileService,service=EJB3
            18:27:30,841 INFO  [EJBContainer] STARTED EJB: org.jboss.profileservice.ejb.SecureProfileServiceBean ejbName: SecureProfileService
            18:27:30,882 INFO  [JndiSessionRegistrarBase] Binding the following Entries in Global JNDI:

SecureProfileService/remote - EJB3.x Default Remote Business Interface
                SecureProfileService/remote-org.jboss.profileservice.spi.ProfileService - EJB3.x Remote Business Interface

18:27:31,413 ERROR [ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
              Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/ROOT" is missing the following dependencies:
                Dependency "jboss.web:service=WebServer" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.web:service=WebServer' **")
              Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/admin-console" is missing the following dependencies:
                Dependency "jboss.web:service=WebServer" (should be in state "Create", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.web:service=WebServer' **")
              Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/invoker" is missing the following dependencies:
              Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/jbossws" is missing the following dependencies:
              Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/jmx-console" is missing the following dependencies:
              Deployment "jboss.web.deployment:war=/web-console" is missing the following dependencies:

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
              Deployment "WebServer" is in error due to the following reason(s): LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use /127.0.0.1:8009
              Deployment "jboss.web:service=WebServer" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.web:service=WebServer' **

18:27:31,431 INFO  [ServerImpl] JBoss (Microcontainer) [5.1.0.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_5_1_0_GA date=200905221053)] Started in 56s:493ms

Analyzing the server.log i find also this exception:

2010-02-25 19:42:22,456 INFO  [com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.jta.TransactionManagerService] (main) Starting transaction recovery manager
            2010-02-25 19:42:23,317 INFO  [org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener] (main) The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.17/jre/lib/i386/server:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.17/jre/lib/i386:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.17/jre/../lib/i386:/usr/java/packages/lib/i386:/lib:/usr/lib
            2010-02-25 19:42:23,414 INFO  [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] (main) Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-127.0.0.1-8080
            2010-02-25 19:42:23,426 ERROR [org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol] (main) Error initializing endpoint
            java.net.BindException: Address already in use /127.0.0.1:8009
                at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.init(JIoEndpoint.java:504)
                at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol.init(AjpProtocol.java:159)
                at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1029)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:683)
                at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:821)

How can I resolve it ?

I see in etc/services that 8009 port is not used...and also with netstat command there isn't a process that use 127.0.0.1:8009...

In Tomcat5.5 manager/status i see that there's jk-8009. It maybe the problem ?

• 3. Re: Jboss Deployment Error
              samb1985

I know that the conflict port is with Tomcat5.5

So now I stopped Tomcat and run Jboss and it work well.

But whyTomcat go in conflict with JBoss AS ? Can I resolve it and take booth AS active on same ubuntu server ?

• 4. Re: Jboss Deployment Error
                peterj
                Change the port bindings on either JBoss AS or Tomcat to use different ports. Since JBoss AS uses a version of Tomcat as the HTTP/JSP/servlet server, by default all of the ports used by Tomcat will conflict with ports used by JBoss AS. I usaually change Tomcat's ports.
                • 5. Re: Jboss Deployment Error
                  samb1985
                  ok, in which Tomcat's file I can change the jk-8009 port in another number of port ?
                  • 6. Re: Jboss Deployment Error
                    peterj

Look in conf/server.xml.

By the way, if you are not using AJP, you can simply comment out that port (that's what I did for the Tomcat instance that ships with VMWare Server 2)