4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2010 11:17 AM by jaikiran

Add a directory resource to the JavaArchive

jaikiran

I am using the http://docs.jboss.org/shrinkwrap/1.0.0-alpha-3/api/org/jboss/shrinkwrap/api/container/ResourceContainer.html#addResource(java.io.File,%20java.lang.String) API to add a directory (containing files, sub-directories etc...) to a JavaArchive:

if (TEST_SRC_RESOURCES.exists())
      {
          //replace the "." with "/" in the packagename
          String resourceRelativePath = testPackage.getName().replaceAll("\\.", "/");
          File resourceAbsolutePath = new File(TEST_SRC_RESOURCES, resourceRelativePath);
          if (resourceAbsolutePath.exists())
          {
              // add all files, folders, sub-folders under this location to the root of the archive
          jar.addResource(resourceAbsolutePath, Paths.root());
          }
      }

Nothing fancy in the code. The API javadocs doesn't mention that only regular files are supported, so i assumed even directories are allowed. But on running this code, i get:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/me/my-resources-dir (Is a directory)
          at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
          at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:106)
          at org.jboss.shrinkwrap.impl.base.asset.FileAsset.openStream(FileAsset.java:69)
          ... 35 more

Are directories expected to work with this API? If not, is there any other API which i can use to do this?