1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 149 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 8:55 AM by ataylor Go to original post
      • 105. Re: Integration with AS6
        ataylor

Ok, so after a chatting with the AS guys, i have some direction. We are doing it as we decided, i will concentrate on the JMS stuff and make it prettier and easier to set address settings etc while adding queue or topics. I should have this done early next week.

As part of this i also need to do https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/HORNETQ-288 which is to allow address settings to be configured and https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/HORNETQ-288 which we will now need because topics info will need to be persisted by us and not the container. Once we persist this extra stuff we can basically model the MO's etc how we want. I will do the first jira over the weekend, the second after i have completed the admin console stuff.

• 106. Re: Integration with AS6
          jmesnil

timfox wrote:

Can we have a status update with where you all are with this before the end of the day?

About TCK:

There is a remaining configuration issue which prevents to run all the MDBs in a single run. I don't know how to fix this but I've asked to our javaeetck mailing list.

There is also an outstanding issue with HornetQ Resource Adapter wich make several XA / session.recover tests fail that I'm working on.

Other than that, things are under control.

• 107. Re: Integration with AS6
            clebert.suconic

I'm also having one issue with transactions on the testsuite:

http://community.jboss.org/thread/149377

I don't know if it would be related.

• 108. Re: Integration with AS6
              clebert.suconic

I have been playing with the transaction failure that appeared after I merged. (I guess the test was ignored on our branch).

I only have a few minor config changes to do on the tests.. and I'm still on target for merging everything early next week. (Monday evining or Tuesday Morning).

You guys should be able to switch develop to trunk then.

• 109. Re: Integration with AS6
                aloubyansky

I've committed some changes to make the basic profile service template tests work. But not all, the following should be added to hornetq-jboss-beans.xml which, AFAIU, is in HornetQ codebase?

<!-- templates -->

<bean name="HornetQJMSDeploymentTemplateInfoFactory"
                      class="org.jboss.managed.plugins.factory.DeploymentTemplateInfoFactory"/>

<bean name="QueueTemplate" class="org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.management.template.HornetQDestinationTemplate">
                      <property name="info"><inject bean="QueueTemplateInfo"/></property>
                   </bean>
                   <bean name="QueueTemplateInfo"
                      class="org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.management.template.HornetQDestinationTemplateInfo">
                      <constructor factoryMethod="createTemplateInfo">
                         <factory bean="HornetQJMSDeploymentTemplateInfoFactory"/>
                         <parameter class="java.lang.Class">org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.management.template.HornetQDestinationTemplateInfo</parameter>
                         <parameter class="java.lang.Class">org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.management.jms.JMSQueueConfigurationMO</parameter>
                         <parameter class="java.lang.String">QueueTemplate</parameter>
                         <parameter class="java.lang.String">A template for HornetQ JMS queue *-jms.xml deployments</parameter>
                      </constructor>
                      <property name="destinationType">QueueTemplate</property>
                   </bean>

<bean name="TopicTemplate" class="org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.management.template.HornetQDestinationTemplate">
                      <property name="info"><inject bean="TopicTemplateInfo"/></property>
                   </bean>
                   <bean name="TopicTemplateInfo"
                      class="org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.management.template.HornetQDestinationTemplateInfo">
                      <constructor factoryMethod="createTemplateInfo">
                         <factory bean="HornetQJMSDeploymentTemplateInfoFactory"/>
                         <parameter class="java.lang.Class">org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.management.template.HornetQDestinationTemplateInfo</parameter>
                         <parameter class="java.lang.Class">org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.management.jms.TopicConfigurationMO</parameter>
                         <parameter class="java.lang.String">TopicTemplate</parameter>
                         <parameter class="java.lang.String">A template for HornetQ JMS topic *-jms.xml deployments</parameter>
                      </constructor>
                      <property name="destinationType">TopicTemplate</property>
                   </bean>

• 110. Re: Integration with AS6
                  timfox

The clock is ticking on this task.

There is one week left to complete it.

Let's have status updates every day until it's complete...

• 111. Re: Integration with AS6
                    clebert.suconic

Today I spent some time on a few more tests.

Only issues I have now:

- profile-services... (We will have to disable a bunch of tests.. but i need to make sure with Emanuel  & Alexey first)

- Java Security manager...

I don't really understand how to make that security.conf syntax. I will need to read the docs & ask help to Anil.

Those are not blocking for a commit.

Tomorrow morning I will upload the tests and joram (used by the AS integration) to the maven repo. Also add hornetq to the snapshot.. and I should commit it tomorrow my morning (as planned on my Friday's message).

• 112. Re: Integration with AS6
                      ataylor

timfox wrote:

The clock is ticking on this task.

There is one week left to complete it.

Let's have status updates every day until it's complete...

Making progress on the admin console, hoping to have it completed by end of tomorrow. Then its a matter of everyone checking it to make sure they are happy with whats there.

The JMS jopurnal still needs doing so i will do that thursday/friday.

IS monday just the cut of date for coding as we wil still have to do all the stuff to build HornetQ 2.1 etc???

• 113. Re: Integration with AS6
                        timfox

clebert.suconic@jboss.com wrote:

Today I spent some time on a few more tests.

Only issues I have now:

- profile-services... (We will have to disable a bunch of tests.. but i need to make sure with Emanuel  & Alexey first)

- Java Security manager...

I don't really understand how to make that security.conf syntax. I will need to read the docs & ask help to Anil.

Those are not blocking for a commit.

Tomorrow morning I will upload the tests and joram (used by the AS integration) to the maven repo. Also add hornetq to the snapshot.. and I should commit it tomorrow my morning (as planned on my Friday's message).

Ok, but you didn't actually give an estimate for *completing* the task

• 114. Re: Integration with AS6
                          timfox
                          Jeff, can you give an update on the TCK stuff please?
                          • 115. Re: Integration with AS6
                            aloubyansky
                            So can anybody commit the templates I posted above? I don't have permissions to do it myself. Thanks.
                            • 116. Re: Integration with AS6
                              emuckenhuber
                              I think it should be fine if we add the Templates to the hornetq-deployers-jboss-beans.xml - since this one should be in AS.
                              • 117. Re: Integration with AS6
                                jmesnil

About TCK,

I resolved this morning the last outstanding bug in HornetQ code.

However, there are still issues with our RA config and the TCK setup (see my previous post about XA, etc.) which prevents to run all the TCK tests in a single run with the same config. I'm still trying to figure out a proper setup to allow this.

I don't have a clear ETA yet to have it run properly.

• 118. Re: Integration with AS6
                                  timfox
                                  I thought the conclusion was the RA is in error by defaulting to XA, rather than a config issue....
                                  • 119. Re: Integration with AS6
                                    jmesnil

TCK update: i finally managed to support MDB's durable subscription in a standard way in the TCK.

The remaining tasks are XA config issues and check the few tests which needs to disable the security (for the time being, the security is

disabled at HornetQ server level)

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next