My company is looking for a wiki which can be integrated into a portal. By luck we are already using jboss portal 2.7.
I'm just wondering about the status of JBoss Wiki. As I understand you developed a portlet which integrates a JSPWiki and use it at jboss.org. The development in Jira is rather old (last update is Feb 2008), binaries are only available for Portal 2.6 and status still beta2.
My question is about the future of this project.
- Can/Should we use the actual version of jboss wiki or start in the meanwhile with a plain jspwiki installation.
- Has someone an indea when it will get Release 1.0?
- Is there a migration afterwards possible?
- I assume you changed something in the jspwiki code to integrate it in the portal, like tagging, administration etc. Is there somewhere a list what is different to a plain jspwiki installation?
- Installation procedure for wiki in Portal 2.7
the only feature that I would like to implement soon is Portal 2.7 compatibility.
It's needed to implement a migration on the new version of the portal.
The next step I think can be the inclusion of JSPWiki, but I can't say anything about release dates.
I hope to return soon on this thread with more news ;)
We also have a JBoss Portal 2.7 deployment and we also have a Jspwiki deployment (only the Jspwiki is currently truely used and has real content accessible to our users).
We want to migrate into a Wiki which is future-proof in a JBoss Portal environment.
And now we see the parallel gatein.org project.
How will this progress?
Which wiki is save to be used?
Thanks for clarifying.
Now this portlet can't be used in the GateIn portlet container, because it use the JBossFilter and the JBoss Portal User Module to get informations about users.
We are planning to migrate this project for GateIn
I hope to share with all of you some news during the next month, but we need to finish other tasks before this.
We are working on the new website of this project and we would like to release the 1.1 version.
Hope this helps.