1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2006 9:07 AM by aron.gombas Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Kosmos portlet page is empty
        aron.gombas

To resolve your 2nd problem, I should see the HTML source of the JIRA page at "http://fserver:7080/browse/PBP-7".
        If this is not a public URL, can you save the HTML from your browser and send that to me to aron dot gombas at midori dot hu?
        (It can probably be fixed easily.)

• 16. Re: Kosmos portlet page is empty
          joewilliams

I am new to Jboss portal system and I am trying to run KOSMOS. Looks like I have deployed kosmos successfully but I don?t see any pages, the same error as stated
          Cannot render , Object not found ,JBossSvnMonitoringPortletInstance and so on?.
          So as suggested I logged into admin page and added a page manually under Kosmos. but then I don?t know what to do next, how do I configure it.... when I clicked on the Preview link on my page it shows a new page but when I do that to the rest of the kosmos page I get a 404 error. Any help would be appreciated...

Cheers Joe

• 17. Re: Kosmos portlet page is empty
            aron.gombas

Hi Joe!
            Was this resolved for you? If not, I'd suggest you to study the JBoss Portal documentation related to deployment, and the step-by-step JBP deployment section in the Kosmos Manual. You shoudl be able to find the answers there.
            If not, please ask more specific questions and I will try to help you.

• 18. Re: Kosmos portlet page is empty
              trp

When I click on Kosmos in portal I have been presented a page saying

HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception in JSP: /phalanx/index.jsp:92

89: <%
              90: if (!leftIsEmpty) {
              91: %>
              92: <basic:forEachWindowInRegion region="<%= left %>">
              93: <%@ include file="window.jsp" %>
              94: </basic:forEachWindowInRegion>
              95: <% } %>

Stacktrace:
              org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.doGet(PortalServlet.java:227)
              javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
              javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
              org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: /phalanx/index.jsp:92

89: <%
              90: if (!leftIsEmpty) {
              91: %>
              92: <basic:forEachWindowInRegion region="<%= left %>">
              93: <%@ include file="window.jsp" %>
              94: </basic:forEachWindowInRegion>
              95: <% } %>

Please help me to solve it.

• 19. Re: Kosmos portlet page is empty
                aron.gombas

This seems like a problem in the 'Phalanx' JBoss Portal theme.
                Can you try using a different theme and see if the same problem still exists?

• 20. Re: Kosmos portlet page is empty
                  trp

It worked.

Thanks alot.

One more question please.

I created one instance for JBossSVNMonitoring Portlet and configured KOSMOS using it. its working very well but when I restart JBoss I couldn't see anything on KOSMOS page. I need to configure it again with that instance.

Is there any different way to shutdown and restart JBoss?

• 21. Re: Kosmos portlet page is empty
                    aron.gombas

Kosmos implements the standard portlet behaviour, so it's a JBoss Portal configuration issue.

I'd suggest studying the JBP documentation.
                    Are your other portlets restored after restarting the container?

1 2 Previous Next