3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2013 9:54 AM by sunilk713

How to make one war file depend on other war file.

I have two *.war files deployed in jboss and want to make make sure that second.war files come up only after the first.war file is up.

As per my understanding till now, I can add the name of first.war file in section of second /WEB-INF/ jboss-web.xml.

What don’t know what name to mention in .

The actual name of first.war file is
      newDash-0.1.war

And following is Content from jmx-console for first war file.

newDash
      loader=newDash-0.1.war

• 1. Re: How to make one war file depend on other war file.

I would like to add that this we are trying on Jboss 4.2.2. It seems that the solutions are there in later versions of jboss. Like create the jmx name in first.war file and pick up the jmx name from jmx-console and then use it in jboss-web.xml of second.war file.

IS there any solution for jboss 4.2.2

• 2. Re: How to make one war file depend on other war file.
            ozguy

Jboss 4.2.2 has jmx also, so you can register a service name when war1 is deployed and only deploy war2 if the service registered by war1 is available.

this is done using depends config

• 3. Re: How to make one war file depend on other war file.

Sachine: Thanks much for your response. I really appreciate that you guys are spending your own valuable time for helping others.

Sorry for very late response on this thread, I almost forgot this question of mine.  The way we solved this issue is why deploying the dependant war file into last.deploy directory in side the webApp.  You should be able to find enough stuff on internet on this.