1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 83 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2009 7:43 AM by ilawise26 Go to original post
      • 60. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
        prabhu_rdm

Hi Fred,

You need to start the jboss server by clicking on C:\jbpm-3.1.4\jbpm-server\start.bat.

If you started the server properly (without errors in console), then there shouldn't be any problem in deployment. In Eclipse, click Deployment, Test connection.
        You will get a message "Server connection is successfully tested". Then click on "Deploy Process Archive". First test with the sample application and make changes to that sample application, test it. Then start a new one.

Follow the steps shown in this video...

http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v3/demos/movies/jbpm-overview.htm

Jboss Wiki tutorial is really a good one...

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JbpmGettingStarted

Regards,
        Prabhu.

• 61. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
          vedj

Hi

I am a technical editor and am currently working on a book on jBPM - the book targets Business Analysts who need to develop a process model for implementation in a a business process management system

I am urgently looking for technical reviewers to provide feedback on the content of the book. If you have experience with jBPM, then please contact me either through this board or by emailing vedj@packtpub.com/davidb@packtpub.com.

Reviewing the material is not difficult, but does require some devotion of time to the project. As a reviewer you will be credited in the book, have the opportunity to include a short bio (including some chance to promote your business to readers!), and will receive free copies of the book once it is published.

If you are interested in doing this, please contact me. We hope to publish the book next month -- but need your help urgently to do so!

It's an interesting book, and you'll get the opportunity to see the content before it's published -- and improve on the final book so that it does a great job of serving the jBPM community.

Thank you very much!

Ved

• 62. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
            colablade

Thanks so much for the tutorial! It's very helpful for newbies like me! But is it possible to include a brief example of how to work with user defined tables? I think most people don't want to mix their information with the BPM engine data. Thanks again!

• 63. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
              micah_gideon

The jBPM Getting Started Documentation has been updated (as of last week) to reflect the new features and feel of 3.2.1 and it's new and improved admin console. Still at the same address ( http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JbpmGettingStarted ), the previous version has been moved ( http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBPMGettingStarted_3.1 ).

• 64. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
                dleerob

Thanks for the updated guide. It really did help with 3.2.1. Made life a lot easier...

• 65. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
                  bhuber

Hi,
                  thx for the guide, its very helpfull for newbies like me, but i have a little problem with it;(
                  on figure 21 you say "Double-click gpd.xml to open it up in the viewer". That doesnt work for me, it open only the file with the xml-editor?
                  I try to open it with "open with -> Other -> jBPM Graphical Process Designer", but then i get an error.

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.model.ProcessDefinition cannot be cast to org.jbpm.gd.common.model.GenericElement

When i double-click the processdefinition.xml all work fine ... so i dont know if its only a newbie problem or if the tutorial isnt right there?
                  Maybe i am the only one with this problem? ;)

• 66. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
                    mboldisc

The biggest problem I have with JBoss is Java Server Faces. The newest versions of the application server (4.2+) use Sun's JSF implementation which leads to ClassCastExceptions with many JBoss projects using MyFaces. This is a big deal! Projects like jBPM, Seam, and Portal are left with broken examples and poor documentation on handling the change. Deploying jbpm-enterprise.ear to a newer JBoss AS throws ClassCastExceptions. Does anyone have suggestions?

• 67. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
                      kukeltje

@bhuber:

there probably is something wrong with the combination of eclipse and the gpd you are using. Nothing wrong with the getting started docs in this area.

@mboldisc:
                      Configure your classloaders and lib used correctly. Is always an issue, not specifically something of jboss/jbpm/seam or any other AS or framework. If I find the time I'll show you a link which says how to deploy jBPM on JBoss AS 4.2

• 68. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
                        mboldisc

I realize it's a library problem. What about jbpm-bpel? Has anyone gotten that to work in JBoss AS 4.2? If you find that link, Ronald, please post it.

• 69. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
                          kukeltje

it's on the wiki...but for the console!! not jbpm-bpel

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=DeployJbpm3.2WebAppUnderJBoss4.2.x

• 70. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
                            rolmey

Hi,
                            I'm also starting to evaluate the jBPM and have similar problem as posted by bhuber. gpd.xml is not shown as diagram, only processdefinition.xml does.

I downloaded jbpm-jpdl-suite-3.2.2.zip, installed it and integrated Eclipse as described in the readme of the designer subdirectory (so downloaded Eclipse eclipse-SDK-3.3-win32.zip from jboss repository and installed with ant).

kukeltje mentioned something about "...wrong combination of eclipse and gdp ...". But what kind of misconfiguration is imaginable, when I downloaded and installed the recommended packages?

RM

• 71. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
                              kukeltje

I mentioned 'wrong combination' because he did not mention what combination he was using, so it could have been caused by this.

Your combination is fine. And even 'worse' I've seen this happening on an imported gpd.xml/processdefinition.xml (via copy/paste) of files in RHDS beta2 as well.

Unfortunately I have no clue yet and can only investigate on monday

• 72. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
                                rolmey

In the meantime I tried several things (different Eclipse versions, switching JRE), but nothing changes the behaviour.
                                In Eclipse I also created a new example of JBoss jBPM Process Project with automatic generated simple process definition ... same behaviour.
                                RM

• 73. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
                                  bezpal

Did the problem get resolved? What was wrong? What's the correct procedure for installation?

I have similar issues, plus if I right-click in the designer as "Figure 22. Adding a node-enter action." suggests I don't have Add Task, Add Items menu items.

Thanks for the help.

• 74. Re: New jBPM Getting Started Documentation
                                    rolmey

I have still that problem, but it does not cumber me, because instead of taking the gpd file I am using the processdefinition.xml without any functional limitation.