1 2 3 4 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2009 12:23 AM by marius.bogoevici Go to original post
      • 45. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
        marius.bogoevici

Mike,

Can you be a bit more specific and describe: what jars did you put in those locations and what problems did you encounter?

Thanks,
        Marius

• 46. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
          marius.bogoevici

"marius.bogoevici" wrote:

Can you be a bit more specific and describe: what jars did you put in those locations and what problems did you encounter?
          Marius

Also, please note that in this case, replacing just the jboss-spring-int-vfs.jar will not help, you will need to use the new version of jboss-spring-int-deployers.jar too.

Best thing to do with latest: a "mvn package" and grab the libs zip from build/target/jboss-spring-int-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-lib.zip. You can also find a packaged deployer, in jboss-spring.deployer.zip (unzip it in your deployers folder).

Marius

• 47. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
            macktheknife73

Well I'm having all sorts of problems :-)

My main problem at the moment (which I should open a seperate thread either here or on the spring forums) is dependency injection has stopped working for me.

What I had working in a single war was a data access object defined like so

@Repository
            public class HibernateDomainObjectDao extends HibernateDaoSupport implements DomainObjectDao {

and a service class using it like

@Service
            public class DomainObjectServiceImpl implements DomainObjectService {

private DomainObjectDao domainObjectDao;

private static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(DomainObjectServiceImpl.class);

public DomainObjectServiceImpl()
             {
             log.error("CONSTRUCTED DomainObjectServiceImpl");
             }

@Resource
             public void setDomainObjectDao(DomainObjectDao domainObjectDao)
             {
             log.error("setDomainObjectDao");
             this.domainObjectDao = domainObjectDao;
             }

So like I said ... all fine and working properly in standalone war. However when I moved all of classes into a seperate jar and deployed it as a jar+war in an ear suddenly it stopped working. I see everything created but the set is never called. So dependency injection isnt working ?

I know ... new thread ... but is it a Jboss issue or a spring issue ?

• 48. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
              macktheknife73

If I don't include int-vfs and int-deployers in the war/lib directory (but I do have them in the spring.deployers directory) I get the following exception

15:16:26,116 INFO [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/common-mgt-fw-war, vfsUrl=common-mgt-fw.spring/common-mgt-fw.war
              15:16:27,701 INFO [[/common-mgt-fw-war]] Initializing Spring root WebApplicationContext
              15:16:27,702 INFO [STDOUT] 25-Jun-2009 15:16:27 INFO [ContextLoader] - <Root WebApplicationContext: initialization started>
              15:16:27,804 INFO [STDOUT] 25-Jun-2009 15:16:27 ERROR [ContextLoader] - <Context initialization failed>
              org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Custom context class [org.jboss.spring.factory.VFSXmlWebApplicationContext] is not of type [org.springframework.web.context.ConfigurableWebApplicationContext]
              at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:245)
              at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:199)
              at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:45)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3910)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4393)
              at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:367)
              at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:146)
              at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:460)
              at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:118)
              at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:96)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
              at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
              at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:157)
              at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:96)
              at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
              at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
              at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:668)
              at org.jboss.system.microcontainer.ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceProxy.java:206)
              at $Proxy36.start(Unknown Source)

• 49. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
                alesj

It looks like you're also including spring.jar in your .war?

• 50. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
                  marius.bogoevici

Thanks for the update.

The problem seems to be that spring-web.jar is included in both the web app and the deployer, where it does not really belong. Try removing the spring-web.jar from the deployer and give it another try.

I'll fix the build not to it.

Generally speaking, try to make sure that you have the spring jars included only in one place (shared libs, deployer, war) and they're visible enough to the component that you want to use them (e.g. if you don't use the deployer, you can put them in the war, if you use the deployer put them in the deployer or shared, etc). The reason why we include a minimal set of jars in the distribution is that this is what you would need to get things running out of the box, if the only thing you need to do is provide an xml to do the bean wiring, but you can use different other setups, as per above, to match your needs.

Marius

• 51. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
                    macktheknife73

Thanks alot guys ... duplicate jars was the answer to ALL my problems.

I was porting a sample app that was working on tomcat so I suppose its my own fault. But my dependency injection problem was cleaned up (by removing the hibernate jar) as well.

Thanks again. That was driving me CRAZZZZYYYY !!!! :-)

• 52. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
                      macktheknife73

Ok still have a (small) problem with these spring jars, when I access the jsp, the war isn't picking up the spring tag libraries from the spring.jar (spring-2.5.6.jar) thats contained in the deployer directory, if I remove the tag definition everything is fine, I don't particularly need spring tags but its disconcerting that the war isn't picking it up. Could this be another clashing jar issue ?

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri: http://www.springframework.org/tags cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:51)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:409)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:116)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.generateTLDLocation(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:313)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:148)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:429)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:491)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1441)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:137)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(ParserController.java:238)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:103)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:171)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:333)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:313)
                      org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:300)
                      org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:585)
                      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:312)
                      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:322)
                      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:249)
                      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
                      org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResourceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceView.java:236)
                      org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:257)
                      org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1183)
                      org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:902)
                      org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807)
                      org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571)
                      org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:501)
                      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
                      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
                      org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

• 53. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
                        alesj

I think you can somehow link these tlds/tags by declaring them in web.xml.
                        But I might be wrong since it's been ages when I last did www ui. :-)

• 54. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
                          marius.bogoevici

Mike,

You need spring-mvc.jar on the classpath (contents of which are not included in spring.jar) if you want to reference the spring taglibs.

Are you sure that you added that particular jar to the deployer?

Marius

• 55. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
                            macktheknife73

This is the contents of my deployers directory

$ ls
                            META-INF spring-context-support-2.5.6.jar
                            jboss-spring-int-deployers.jar spring-core-2.5.6.jar
                            jboss-spring-int-vfs.jar spring-orm-2.5.6.jar
                            jboss-spring.jar spring-tx-2.5.6.jar
                            spring-2.5.6.jar spring-web-2.5.6.jar
                            spring-beans-2.5.6.jar spring-webmvc-2.5.6.jar
                            spring-context-2.5.6.jar

my ear contents (I'm still trying to pear this down)
                            $ ls
                            META-INF jta-1.1.jar
                            aopalliance-1.0.jar junit-3.8.1.jar
                            asm-3.1.jar log4j-1.2.14.jar
                            asm-commons-3.1.jar maven-archiver-2.2.jar
                            asm-tree-3.1.jar maven-artifact-2.0.4.jar
                            asm-util-3.1.jar maven-artifact-manager-2.0.4.jar
                            aspectjrt-1.6.1.jar maven-ear-plugin-2.3.1.jar
                            aspectjweaver-1.6.1.jar maven-model-2.0.4.jar
                            cglib-nodep-2.1_3.jar maven-plugin-api-2.0.4.jar
                            classworlds-1.1-alpha-2.jar maven-profile-2.0.4.jar
                            common-mgt-fw.jar maven-project-2.0.4.jar
                            common-mgt-fw.war maven-repository-metadata-2.0.4.jar
                            commons-collections-3.2.1.jar maven-settings-2.0.4.jar
                            commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.jar
                            commons-logging-1.1.1.jar plexus-archiver-1.0-alpha-7.jar
                            commons-pool-1.4.jar plexus-container-default-1.0-alpha-9.jar
                            hessian-3.1.5.jar plexus-utils-1.2.jar
                            jdom-1.1.jar quartz-1.6.1.jar
                            jsr250-api-1.0.jar standard-1.1.2.jar
                            jstl-1.1.2.jar wagon-provider-api-1.0-alpha-6.jar

• 56. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
                              macktheknife73

thats hard to read ... better

$ ls
                              META-INF
                              jboss-spring-int-deployers.jar
                              jboss-spring-int-vfs.jar
                              jboss-spring.jar
                              spring-2.5.6.jar
                              spring-beans-2.5.6.jar
                              spring-context-2.5.6.jar
                              spring-context-support-2.5.6.jar
                              spring-core-2.5.6.jar
                              spring-orm-2.5.6.jar
                              spring-tx-2.5.6.jar
                              spring-web-2.5.6.jar
                              spring-webmvc-2.5.6.jar

$ ls
                              META-INF
                              aopalliance-1.0.jar
                              asm-3.1.jar
                              asm-commons-3.1.jar
                              asm-tree-3.1.jar
                              asm-util-3.1.jar
                              aspectjrt-1.6.1.jar
                              aspectjweaver-1.6.1.jar
                              cglib-nodep-2.1_3.jar
                              classworlds-1.1-alpha-2.jar
                              common-mgt-fw.jar
                              common-mgt-fw.war
                              commons-collections-3.2.1.jar
                              commons-dbcp-1.2.2.jar
                              commons-logging-1.1.1.jar
                              commons-pool-1.4.jar
                              hessian-3.1.5.jar
                              jdom-1.1.jar
                              jsr250-api-1.0.jar
                              jstl-1.1.2.jar
                              jta-1.1.jar
                              junit-3.8.1.jar
                              log4j-1.2.14.jar
                              maven-archiver-2.2.jar
                              maven-artifact-2.0.4.jar
                              maven-artifact-manager-2.0.4.jar
                              maven-ear-plugin-2.3.1.jar
                              maven-model-2.0.4.jar
                              maven-plugin-api-2.0.4.jar
                              maven-profile-2.0.4.jar
                              maven-project-2.0.4.jar
                              maven-repository-metadata-2.0.4.jar
                              maven-settings-2.0.4.jar
                              mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.jar
                              plexus-archiver-1.0-alpha-7.jar
                              plexus-container-default-1.0-alpha-9.jar
                              plexus-utils-1.2.jar
                              quartz-1.6.1.jar
                              standard-1.1.2.jar
                              wagon-provider-api-1.0-alpha-6.jar

• 57. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
                                marius.bogoevici

For anyone following the discussion on this forum, I've made a few changes to the project structure, moving the context classes in the vfs module and leaving the deployers to deal with deployment only.

A few hints:

1. context class is org.jboss.spring.vfs.context.VFSXmlWebApplicationContext
                                2. you only need to include jboss-spring-int-vfs.jar in your application
                                3. the stable branch for the project is to be found at http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/spring-int/branches/1_0/

• 58. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
                                  nbhatia

Ales,

Is the code for spring-int (specifically org.jboss.spring.vfs) still maintained at https://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/spring-int? Is the jar now available in JBoss AS 5.1.0 or part of some maven repository?

Thanks.
                                  Naresh

• 59. Re: Spring Component Auto Detection
                                    marius.bogoevici

Naresh,

The project is now hosted under https://www.jboss.org/snowdrop. Here you will find the downloads and the documentation for it. I need to update the stickies of the forum.

the svn location is: https://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/snowdrop/

(1.0.0 is based on the 1_0 branch, current trunk is the future 1.1)

It is available in maven in the JBoss Maven repository as:

org.jboss.snowdrop
                                    snowdrop-vfs
                                    1.0.0.GA

(the other modules are snowdrop-cluster, snowdrop-deployers, snowdrop-facade and snowdrop-weaving)

Hope that helps,
                                    Marius

PS: Good reminder for me to update the stickies on the top of the forum ;)

1 2 3 4 Previous Next