5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2015 4:19 PM by dgolovin

Marketplace install broken on mars-1?

nickarls

I have a fresh Mars-1 and I'm trying to install JBoss Tools from the marketplace but it stops with

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 4 2015-11-29 18:51:17.183
      !MESSAGE An error occurred during the org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust phase.
      !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 0 2015-11-29 18:51:17.183
      !MESSAGE session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust, operand=, action=).
      !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine 4 0 2015-11-29 18:51:17.183
      !MESSAGE Error reading signed content.
      !STACK 0
      java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.signedcontent.SignedBundleHook.getSignedContent(SignedBundleHook.java:209)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CertificateChecker.checkCertificates(CertificateChecker.java:73)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CertificateChecker.start(CertificateChecker.java:54)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust.completePhase(CheckTrust.java:50)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.postPerform(Phase.java:251)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Phase.perform(Phase.java:101)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.PhaseSet.perform(PhaseSet.java:47)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:75)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.Engine.perform(Engine.java:44)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProvisioningSession.performProvisioningPlan(ProvisioningSession.java:175)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProfileModificationJob.runModal(ProfileModificationJob.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations.ProvisioningJob.run(ProvisioningJob.java:177)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

pointers?

• 1. Re: Marketplace install broken on mars-1?
          maxandersen

hmm - I can't reproduce it so need some more info.

Any chance you got a longer or more errors in the error log view ?

• 2. Re: Marketplace install broken on mars-1?
            nickboldt

Couple guesses here:

a) incomplete download of some zip

b) your JVM doesn't include the pack200 & unpack200 apps (maybe you're using some strange IBM JDK, rather than OpenJDK or OracleJDK) ?

c) you're not using JDK v 8, but something older

d) your internet connection died during the download

e) your proxy died during the download

f) the Eclipse mirror you hit contains incomplete jars, and needs to be refreshed

TL;DR, make sure you're running Eclipse with Open or Oracle JDK 8, and that your internet connection is open and working. Try again until everything completes.

If you can reproduce this after at least 2 attempts, consider downloading the JBoss Tools zip [1] and installing from that instead of Marketplace.

[1] JBoss Tools - JBoss Tools 4.3.0.Final

• 3. Re: Marketplace install broken on mars-1?
              nickarls

a) Possibly (although strangely specific to not being able to read certificates instead of just some checksum error)

b) Nope, fresh install of latest 64 bit Oracle JDK 8 (and one would think the error message would be more specific in that case)

c) Nope, see b)

d) Nope, network was fine (tried three times with same result)

e) Nope, don't use no stinkin' proxy

f) Nuked the entire eclipse folder between retries

Installed JBT from the zip and that worked. I have to try reinstalling the JDK just in case and do a retry. It's not impossible that the mirror the jars were pulled from had some sort of corruption issue (although one would think more people would have complained). I did a similar install the next day and that one went without problems (although I didn't install everything like I did in the error case).

• 4. Re: Marketplace install broken on mars-1?
                nickarls

Reinstalled JDK (fresh download), reinstalled Mars-1 (fresh install). Same issue. Strange.

• 5. Re: Marketplace install broken on mars-1?
                  dgolovin

To verify (f) try to disable eclipse mirrors. I think it could be done by adding

-Declipse.p2.mirrors=false

into eclipse.ini after -vmargs line.