3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2015 10:12 AM by gcalzada

Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing so  cket connection for InvokerLocator [socket://localhost:5400/]

jayanthp

I have just begun using JBossProfiler and I am facing some problems in starting/ using the profiler. I am still trying to understand how i can use it.

But for now the first issue i am having is as follows:

I am using JBoss 4.2.2.GAon Windows platform

I Installed Jboss Profiler 2.0 as per the steps mentioned in the users guide i.e.

1) Copy jboss-profiler.jar to my Jboss/bin

2) Copy jboss-profiler.properties to my Jboss/bin

3) Copy jboss-profiler-plugins.jar to my Jboss/bin

4) Edit run.bat in my jboss/bin to include JBoss Profiler in JAVA_OPTS as follows:

-javaagent:C:/Jboss/bin/jboss-profiler.jar -Djboss-profiler.properties=C:/Jboss/bin/jboss-profiler.properties

5) Copy jboss-profiler.sar to Jboss/server/default/deploy

6) my jboss-profiler.properties are set up as follows:

enable=yes

precompiled=no

cpu=yes

memory=yes

includes=com.myclasses.genx.om.*

excludes=*

visibility=private

save=yes

savelocation=C:\tmp\profiles

startup=yes

repository=yes

remote=yes

store=memory

location=C:\tmp\profiles

host=localhost

port=5400

ejb=yes

servlet=yes

jsf=yes

jmx=yes

rmi=yes

corba=yes

plugin.1=org.jboss.profiler.plugins.Hibernate

plugin.2=org.jboss.profiler.plugins.Seam

My setup ends here:

My server starts up fine and at the beginning it also echos to the console:

JBoss Profiler 2.0.0.Beta5 (Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.6.0_06

JBoss Profiler depends on external communication module

I open another Command Line and cd into my jboss-profiler-2.0.0.Beta5 directory and when i hit the command

java -Xmx512m -jar jboss-profiler-client.jar startProfiler

i get the following exception:

2011-11-02 19:28:00,490 ERROR [org.jboss.profiler.client.cmd.Client] Can not get connection to serve

r. Problem establishing socket connection for InvokerLocator [socket://localhost:5400/]

org.jboss.remoting.CannotConnectException: Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing so

cket connection for InvokerLocator [socket://localhost:5400/]

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.transport(MicroSocketClientI

nvoker.java:579)

at org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:122)

at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1634)

at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:548)

at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:536)

at org.jboss.profiler.client.cmd.Client.main(Client.java:281)

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketClientInvoker.createSocket(SocketClientInvoker.

java:192)

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.getConnection(MicroSocketCli

entInvoker.java:827)

at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker.transport(MicroSocketClientI

nvoker.java:569)

... 5 more

Every example of installation i checked online i see the port is set up as 5400. And not one has documented this error. I do not see this mentioend in the  profiler user guide. Can anyone tell me why i am getting this error and how i can fix it.

• 1. Re: Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing so  cket connection for InvokerLocator [socket://localhost:5400/]
          jayanthp

I additionally went into the jmx console and checked out the Communicator MBean and it has the following configuration -

Host localhost

Socket true

SocketPort 5400

Rmi false

RmiPort 5401

Http false

HttpPort 5402

As per this post http://community.jboss.org/thread/105193?tstart=100 the above settings are correct to avoid the above error but i am still getting this exception. Any suggestions?

• 2. Re: Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing so  cket connection for InvokerLocator [socket://localhost:5400/]
            jayanthp

I used to start the jboss by typing runbat -b 0.0.0.0 on the command Line.

looking at the server.log during startup i noticed the following:

16:25:24,781 INFO  [Communicator] JBoss Profiler: Socket=0.0.0.0:5400

Assumign this does not look right and looking at another post (do not have the link here),

i started the jboss by typing run.bat -b aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd = my  IPv4 internet address #

looking at the start traces, i noticed the follwing:

17:18:09,179 INFO  [Profiler] JBoss Profiler: ProfilerMBean started

17:18:09,181 INFO  [Communicator] JBoss Profiler: Communicator for JBoss Profiler 2.0.0.Beta5

17:18:09,195 INFO  [Communicator] JBoss Profiler: Socket=aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:5400

I expected thsi to work as i thought lookign above the socket is established connection at port 5400 at my internet address.

However i still get the same Problem Establishing Socket Connection exception  on executing from another cmd window

java -Xmx512m -jar C:/jboss-profiler-2.0.0.Beta5/jboss-profiler-client.jar startProfiler

Can somebody please help?

• 3. Re: Can not get connection to server. Problem establishing so  cket connection for InvokerLocator [socket://localhost:5400/]
              gcalzada

This is a really old thread but a headache for me in 2015!

The package "jboss-profiler-2.0.0.Beta5.tar.gz" come with file "jboss-profiler-client.properties" with client connection properties:

# cat jboss-profiler-client.properties

protocol=socket

host=localhost

port=5400

threshold=1.0

savelocation=.

plugin.1=org.jboss.profiler.plugins.Hibernate

plugin.2=org.jboss.profiler.plugins.Seam

You must change "localhost" by "youripaddress" (or by wherever the profiler is listening to)

I share.

Hope to be helpfull.