1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 7, 2015 2:26 AM by jaysensharma

Which JBossWS version is for JBoss EAP 6.3?

huahsin68

I'm currently working on a web service project on JBoss EAP 6.3, I find myself a bit lost on which JBossWS runtime version should I use? As I read in the JBoss documentation, there are 3 types of JBossWS, which there are JBossWS-Native, JBossWS-CXF, and JBossWS-Metro, I'm a bit confuse when the documentation mention JBossWS is already ship with JBoss EAP as the default Web Service runtime, may I know which type of JBossWS runtime is ship with JBoss EAP?

When I come to the JBossWS installation page, there are mentioning JBossWS-CXF, if I did not pay close attention on what I'm reading, I'll though that JBossWS is actually JBossWS-CXF. By reading this documentation, does it means that JBossWS is actually JBossWS-CXF? Or maybe JBossWS-Native or JBossWS-Metro is already ship with JBoss EAP, thus by tweaking the JBoss configuration file (standalone.xml) will turn on or off the JBossWS runtime type?

Regarding which version of JBossWS runtime I should download (lets assume JBossWS-CXF is the default JBossWS runtime engine), the documentation only mention JBoss AS and Wildfly but never mention EAP. In the EAP 6.4 documentation did mention that JBoss EAP is integrated with JBoss AS 7, but from what I see in the JBossWS installation guide, there are JBoss AS 7.1, 7.2, and 7.3, I knew there are all version 7, but which version of JBossWS should I take if I'm using JBoss EAP 6.3?

BTW, my last question: which JBoss AS version are integrate with JBoss EAP 6.1, EAP 6.2, and EAP 6.4?

Appreciate if someone could share some light, I'm crying hard...