10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2009 1:21 PM by ips

Where to upload plugins in Admin-Console?

thomas2008ch

I see the following error in log. I have to upload the plugins.

2009-12-01 07:45:48,799 ERROR [org.rhq.enterprise.server.core.plugin.ProductPluginDeployer] Plugin [JBossAS5] is required by plugins [[JBossCache3]] but it does not exist in the dependency graph yet

Someone know where to find the upload page in Admin-Console?

• 1. Re: Where to upload plugins in Admin-Console?
          pilhuhn

Drop them into $DEPLOY/admin-console.war/plugins/ - you need to restart the admin console afterwards (e.g. via touch $DEPLOY/admin-console/WEB-INF/web.xml)

• 2. Re: Where to upload plugins in Admin-Console?
            thomas2008ch

Your way is ok. But I was told one can upload the plugins in Admin-Console. The problem is I couldn't find which menu or button should click.

• 3. Re: Where to upload plugins in Admin-Console?
              thomas2008ch

Besides, I couldn't find the directory " $DEPLOY/admin-console.war/plugins/" in my JON server.

• 4. Re: Where to upload plugins in Admin-Console?
                ips

It sounds like there may be some confusion between the JBoss AS Admin Console and JON. The Admin Console ships with JBoss EAP 5.0 and will ship with JBoss AS 6.0. It is built on top of RHQ, Jopr, and Embedded Jopr. JON is a completely separate product that is built upon RHQ and Jopr. It sounds like you're using JON or Jopr, and not the Admin Console. Is this correct?

• 5. Re: Where to upload plugins in Admin-Console?
                  thomas2008ch

"ips" wrote:
                  It sounds like there may be some confusion between the JBoss AS Admin Console and JON. The Admin Console ships with JBoss EAP 5.0 and will ship with JBoss AS 6.0. It is built on top of RHQ, Jopr, and Embedded Jopr. JON is a completely separate product that is built upon RHQ and Jopr. It sounds like you're using JON or Jopr, and not the Admin Console. Is this correct?

You are right. I am takling about the JON and JON admin console, not the Jboss AS. This forum is about JON (Jboss Operations Network), right?

• 6. Re: Where to upload plugins in Admin-Console?
                    pilhuhn

Hi,
                    yes you are right about JBossON - the confusion came because of the wording "admin-console", which we use for the "Embedded Jopr", the admin-console within JBossEAP 5.

In JBossON (2.3 at least) you can upload the plugins from the menu bar Administration->System Configuration->Plugins

• 7. Re: Where to upload plugins in Admin-Console?
                      thomas2008ch

"pilhuhn" wrote:
                      Hi,
                      yes you are right about JBossON - the confusion came because of the wording "admin-console", which we use for the "Embedded Jopr", the admin-console within JBossEAP 5.

In JBossON (2.3 at least) you can upload the plugins from the menu bar Administration->System Configuration->Plugins

Many thanks.

I've upload the plugin "jopr-jboss-as-5-plugin-2.3.0.GA.jar". But I still get the error in log as I start the JON-server.

From the error message
                      2009-12-01 07:45:48,799 ERROR [org.rhq.enterprise.server.core.plugin.ProductPluginDeployer] Plugin [
                      JBossAS5] is required by plugins [[JBossCache3]] but it does not exist in the dependency graph yet

maybe I should delete the plugin "jopr-jboss-cache-v3-plugin-2.3.0.GA.jar"?

• 8. Re: Where to upload plugins in Admin-Console?
                        jayshaughnessy

Hi,

Where are you getting these plugins? From the EAP plugin pack for JON? If so you should install them via the plugin pack instructions. Basically, bring down the server, copy the plugins to the proper location, and restart the server.

There should be no reason to install 1 plugin at a time via the GUI. If you continue to have issues with your JON product I suggest opening a support case to get you up and running quickly.

• 9. Re: Where to upload plugins in Admin-Console?
                          thomas2008ch

"jayshaughnessy" wrote:
                          Hi,

Where are you getting these plugins? From the EAP plugin pack for JON? If so you should install them via the plugin pack instructions. Basically, bring down the server, copy the plugins to the proper location, and restart the server.

There should be no reason to install 1 plugin at a time via the GUI. If you continue to have issues with your JON product I suggest opening a support case to get you up and running quickly.

My colleage has downloaded the plugins anywhere.

I know one can install the plugins as you said. But one can also update the plugins from the Admin-Console-GUI, right?

Now another question:
                          I can add a plugin from Admin-Console-GUI. But I can't find anyway to delete the added plugin from Admin-Console-GUI.

• 10. Re: Where to upload plugins in Admin-Console?
                            ips

I know one can install the plugins as you said. But one can also update the plugins from the Admin-Console-GUI, right?

When installing a group of plugins (e.g. a plugin pack), especially plugins that have inter-dependencies, it's best to install them by copying the jars to the rhq-plugins directory all at the same time.

Now another question:
                            I can add a plugin from Admin-Console-GUI. But I can't find anyway to delete the added plugin from Admin-Console-GUI.

No, there is currently no way to delete/undeploy plugins. An enhancement request exists for this in RHQ Bugzilla.