6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 1:53 PM by lincolnthree

How to use Forge 2 jpa-generate-entities-from-tables ?

gerry.matte

I have been trying to develop a standard way to generate my webapps from a MySQL5 database schema using Forge 2.7.2.Final on Windows 7/Oracle Java 1.7.0_67.

I am creating a text file that contains the commands needed to generate the webapp using Forge from a windows command line:

project-new --named par --topLevelPackage ca.gerrymatte.par --type war --finalName par ;

jpa-setup --provider Hibernate --dbType MYSQL5_INNODB --container JBOSS_AS7 --dataSourceName java:jboss/datasources/parDS ;

jpa-generate-entities-from-tables - --targetPackage ca.gerrymatte.par.model --hibernateDialect MySQL5\ with\ InnoDB\ :\ org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect --driverClass com.mysql.jdbc.Driver --driverLocation C:/s/jclasses/drivers/mysql.jar --userName root --userPassword **** --jdbcUrl jdbc:mysql:///par?characterEncoding=UTF-8&characterSetResults=UTF-8&autoReconnect=true&zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull ;

The third command fails with an uninfomative error:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.jboss.forge.addon.database.tools.generate.DatabaseTableSelectionStep$2).

log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

[par]$

Can anyone suggest how to resolve this ?

• 1. Re: How to use Forge 2 jpa-generate-entities-from-tables ?
          gerry.matte

Or post an example of using this command with any type of database server ?

• 2. Re: How to use Forge 2 jpa-generate-entities-from-tables ?
            gerry.matte

The problem has been fixed with version 2.8.0.Final.

Using the above commands now generates a loop allowing me to select from a list of tables.  Once selected, the table is removed from the list and the list redisplays until I enter nothing (hit return only).  The entities are then generated.  The man page for  jpa-generate-entities-from-tables only documents the targetPackage parameter (I guessed the remaining parameters from other commands).

Is there a parameter that will automatically select all tables from the specified database schema ?

To whomever fixed this bug, thank you very much !

Below is an example of the output of jpa-generate-entities-from-tables:

jpa-generate-entities-from-tables - --targetPackage ca.gerrymatte.par.model --hibernateDialect MySQL5\ with\ InnoDB\ :\ org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect --driverC lass com.mysql.jdbc.Driver --driverLocation C:/s/jclasses/drivers/mysql.jar --userName root --userPassword xxxxx --jdbcUrl jdbc:mysql:///par?characterEncoding=UTF-8&characterSetResults= UTF-8&autoReconnect=true&zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull ;

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.MySQLMetaDataDialect). log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

[0] - activities

[1] - clients

[2] - companies

[3] - daybook

[4] - loglines

[5] - logsessions

[6] - people

[7] - roles

[8] - staff

[9] - timeservices

[10] - timesheetofficeonly

Database Tables (The database tables for which to generate entities): [0-10] 6

[0] - activities

[1] - clients

[2] - companies

[3] - daybook

[4] - loglines

[5] - logsessions

[6] - roles

[7] - staff

[8] - timeservices

[9] - timesheetofficeonly

Database Tables (The database tables for which to generate entities): [0-9] 6

[0] - activities

[1] - clients

[2] - companies

[3] - daybook

[4] - loglines

[5] - logsessions

[6] - staff

[7] - timeservices

[8] - timesheetofficeonly

Database Tables (The database tables for which to generate entities): [0-8]

***SUCCESS*** 2 entities were generated in ca.gerrymatte.par.model

[persistence.xml]$

• 3. Re: [forge-users] How to use Forge      2     jpa-generate-entities-from-tables ?
              gastaldi

Hi Gerry,

I am glad it works for you now. Have you tried using "*"? If that still doesn't work, please open a JIRA and we'll have a look at it asap.

Best Regards,

George Gastaldi

• 4. Re: How to use Forge 2 jpa-generate-entities-from-tables ?
                krodneyk65

How do I get Forge 2.8.0 in my copy of JBoss Developer Studio

Version: 8.0.0.Beta3

Build id: Beta3-v20140722-2011-B194

Build date: 20140722-2011

Right now I have 2.7.2 and 1.4.4 runtimes. I'm new to this and I'm currently attempting the following (below) - but no entities are generated and no ERRORS are shown.  I'm wonder if 2.8.0 will resolve my issue.

jpa-generate-entities-from-tables \

--hibernateDialect MySQL5\ with\ InnoDB\ :\ org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect \

--jdbcUrl jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/tehub --userName root --userPassword mariadb \

--driverClass com.mysql.jdbc.Driver --driverLocation C:\JBOSS\mysql-connector-java-5.1.32-bin.jar \

--targetPackage com.hp.tehub.model

Any help would be wonderful

rodney.kirkpatrick@hp.com

• 5. Re: How to use Forge 2 jpa-generate-entities-from-tables ?
                  gastaldi

Hi Rodney,

You can update to the latest version by using the nightly version:

Add the following URL to your Eclipse Luna 4.4 installation, via: Help > Install New Software… > Work with:

http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/nightly/luna/

Then select the Forge Tools component.

Hope it helps!

George Gastaldi

• 6. Re: [forge-users] How to use Forge 2 jpa-generate-entities-from-tables ?
                    lincolnthree

We should probably add "*" to the man page so that folks know they can

select a group of, or all, tables using the simple pattern.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 3:13 PM, George Gastaldi <ggastald@redhat.com>

wrote:

Hi Gerry,

I am glad it works for you know. Have you tried using "*"? If that still

doean't work, please open a JIRA and we'll have a look at it asap.

Em 20/08/2014, às 15:51, forge-users@lists.jboss.org escreveu:

The problem has been fixed with version 2.8.0.Final.

Using the above commands now generates a loop allowing me to select from

a list of tables.  Once selected, the table is removed from the list and

the list redisplays until I enter nothing (hit return only).  The entities

are then generated.  The man page for  jpa-generate-entities-from-tables

only documents the targetPackage parameter (I guessed the remaining

parameters from other commands).

Is there a parameter that will automatically select all tables from the

specified database schema ?

Below is an example of the output of jpa-generate-entities-from-tables:

jpa-generate-entities-from-tables - --targetPackage

ca.gerrymatte.par.model --hibernateDialect MySQL5\ with\ InnoDB\ :\

org.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect --driverC lass

com.mysql.jdbc.Driver --driverLocation C:/s/jclasses/drivers/mysql.jar

--userName root --userPassword matteg --jdbcUrl

jdbc:mysql:///par?characterEncoding=UTF-8&characterSetResults=

UTF-8&autoReconnect=true&zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull ; log4j:WARN No

appenders could be found for logger

(org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.MySQLMetaDataDialect). log4j:WARN Please

initialize the log4j system properly. - activities - clients -

companies - daybook - loglines - logsessions - people -

roles - staff - timeservices - timesheetofficeonly Database

Tables (The database tables for which to generate entities): 6 -

activities - clients - companies - daybook - loglines -

logsessions - roles - staff - timeservices -

timesheetofficeonly Database Tables (The database tables for which to

generate entities): 6 - activities - clients - companies

- daybook - loglines - logsessions - staff -

timeservices - timesheetofficeonly Database Tables (The database tables

for which to generate entities): **SUCCESS** 2 entities were

generated in ca.gerrymatte.par.model $

Posted by forums

Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/901463#901463

forge-users mailing list

forge-users@lists.jboss.org

https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/forge-users

forge-users mailing list

forge-users@lists.jboss.org

https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/forge-users

--

Lincoln Baxter, III

http://ocpsoft.org

"Simpler is better."