3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2014 1:28 AM by hchiorean

modeshape-bom-jbossas references Wildfly 8.0.0.CR1 Arquillian Containers

ma6rl

Well working on getting the modeshape-clustering quick start up and running with Wildfly 8.0.0.Final I noticed that the modeshape-bom-jbossas used by the quickstart examples still uses the 8.0.0.CR1 version for the Arquillian Wildfly containers. Although it didn't seem to cause any issues it might make sense to update this to 8.0.0.Final. I did a test locally where I overrode the version used by the quickstarts to be 8.0.0.FInal and everything worked as expected.

The other thing that may be worth updating, although there may be a larger impact is switching from using:

- jboss-javaee-6.0-with-tools

- jboss-javaee-6.0-with-logging

to using the new Wildfly boms:

- jboss-javaee-7.0-with-tools

- jboss-javaee-7.0-with-logging

Another alternative would be to provide a new modeshape-bom-wildfly that reference the above boms.

• 1. Re: modeshape-bom-jbossas references Wildfly 8.0.0.CR1 Arquillian Containers
          hchiorean

Good point, thanks for spotting it. What's the difference between the components from the 6.0 vs 7.0 BOMs with regards to WF 8.0.CR1/Final ?

• 2. Re: modeshape-bom-jbossas references Wildfly 8.0.0.CR1 Arquillian Containers
            ma6rl

The 6.0 BOM's parent is boss-eap-bom-parent which contains all of the recommended version numbers of the products for JBoss EAP 6.2.3. The main difference is that these versions do not include any of the new Java EE 7 features available in Wildfly 8.0.0.FInal, it also references older version of Arquillian and other tools.

The 7.0 BOM's parent contains the recommended version numbers of the products for Wildfly 8.0.0.Final which include all of the new Java EE 7 features and the latest release of Arquillian.

The current problem with using the current modeshape-bom-jbossas  with WIldfly 8.0.0.Final is that you have to override all of the version numbers of the dependencies you use with the more recent versions if you want to use any of the Java EE 7 features. The alternative is to include the jboss-javaee-7.0-with-tools bom in your pom.xml as well as the modeshape-bom-jbossas but I don't know how maven determines which version to use then there are to conflicting sources, given this I have avoided this approach.

Neither of the above solutions is ideal and currently I am not using the modeshape bom. Instead I have add the javaee-7.0 bom and then just add the 2 mode shape dependencies to my pom.xml separately.

Let me know if this answers your questions.

• 3. Re: modeshape-bom-jbossas references Wildfly 8.0.0.CR1 Arquillian Containers
              hchiorean

Yup, makes sense. I'll make sure the jboss-as BOM is updated to use 7.0 BOM's.