2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2013 4:47 PM by friso_caci

PicketLink and SAML 1.1

friso_caci

Hi all,

I'm writing code that needs to act as a ServiceProvider. At least one of my clients is using SAML 1.1, so I want to be able to support that. Besides that I'd like to have my own SAML 1.1 IdentityProvider for testing purposes. I assume this setup can be achieved using PicketLInk. Does anybody have any pointers how to do this?

I did find PicketLink: SAML v1.1 Support but I'm not quite sure where this fits. For the most part I'm now following: PicketLink SAML SSO for Web Containers, is that right?

Thanks in advance,

Friso

• 1. Re: PicketLink and SAML 1.1
          anil.saldhana

Friso V wrote:

Hi all,

I'm writing code that needs to act as a ServiceProvider. At least one of my clients is using SAML 1.1, so I want to be able to support that. Besides that I'd like to have my own SAML 1.1 IdentityProvider for testing purposes. I assume this setup can be achieved using PicketLInk. Does anybody have any pointers how to do this?

I did find PicketLink: SAML v1.1 Support but I'm not quite sure where this fits. For the most part I'm now following: PicketLink SAML SSO for Web Containers, is that right?

Thanks in advance,

Friso

PicketLink Reference Documentation

Look in the Federation chapter. The PL IDP supports SAML v1.1 interactions also.

The IDP and SP quickstarts are at PicketLink Quickstarts - PicketLink - Project Documentation Editor

• 2. Re: PicketLink and SAML 1.1
            friso_caci

I did read that and looked at the quickstarts. I'm wondering how I can know that my IDP is acting as a 1.1 SAML IDP rather than a SAML 2.0 one.

I seem to be doing something wrong at any rate since what I'm seeing now isn't what I'd expect. I go to a secured page on my SP. It redirects me to my IDP with /?SAMLRequest=<some token>. I am shown the welcome-page for my IDP (which doesn't contain the login-page). Any clue as to what I am doing wrong here? I've got no logging to show for myself (which categories should I put on debug logging for usefull output?)