1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 15, 2013 9:24 AM by smarlow

Instrumenting Object comparison statements

mrgirish

Hi,

Is there a way in Javassist to instrument object comparison statements. For examples statements of the form ( a == b) and ( a != b) . I searched the tutorial and the API and could not find it.

I have been trying to extend Javassist to support instrumentation of object comparison statements.  Is there any developer manual on the implementation of javassist. For example a walkthrough of how the replace() method  in class javassist.expr.NewExpr works.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards

Girish

• 1. Re: Instrumenting Object comparison statements
          smarlow

Is there any developer manual on the implementation of javassist. For example a walkthrough of how the replace() method  in class javassist.expr.NewExpr works.

http://www.csg.ci.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~chiba/javassist/tutorial/tutorial2.html#intro might be helpful to you.

Also, step through the replace() method code while running the Javassist unit tests.  That is what I have been doing to learn more about Javassist internals.

For example, open test source javassist.JvstTest4 in your debugger and set a breakpoint in method testAaload(), run the following command:

mvn -Dmaven.surefire.debug="-Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8787 -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE" clean install -Dtest=javassist.JvstTest4

Then instruct your debugger to attach to port 8787.

Scott