7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2013 10:49 PM by cmksjboss

KIE-WB user manual and feature clarification

cmksjboss

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest version of KIE-WB (git@github.com:droolsjbpm/kie-wb-distributions.git) from the Github page (https://github.com/droolsjbpm/kie-wb-distributions) and deployed it in JBoss 7.1. The application starts up fine and I am able to login to the application.

I would like to know how I would create a new BPMN 2.0 process using the KIE-WB user interface. FYI, I have created a sample project and a package inside it. I am also able to create a DRL item, but not an BPMN2 process item. i.e., when I enter the details like process name and click on OK, nothing happens and the screen stays as it is. I have attached images that shows the screens that I am talking about.

Please let me know if I have missed anything, for example: user permissions and such.

If someone can point me to the documentation/usermanual for KIE-WB, that will be very helpful as well.

Thank you!

Karthik

• 1. Re: KIE-WB user manual and feature clarification
          swiderski.maciej

there were some changes in designer component that might get in the way and cause the issue you have seen. I tested it Friday last week and it worked well, so maybe you could pull all changes again and rebuild the application. Alternatively the CR1 should be soon published and that has been tested to work fine too. So instead of building it from source you can get deployable artifact (war for given application server).

HTH

• 2. Re: KIE-WB user manual and feature clarification
            cmksjboss

Hello Maciej,

Thanks for you reply. I checcked out the latest code for KIE but facing the same issue. If you can point me to a final built that I can directly deploy into JBOss, that will be helpful.

Thanks for your help.

Karthik

• 3. Re: KIE-WB user manual and feature clarification
              swiderski.maciej

Here you can find the JBoss AS7 deployable kie-wb. Just make sure you create users that will be given kie-user role. To do so use regular add-user.sh script that comes with AS7 and create users in ApplicationRelam.

HTH

• 4. Re: KIE-WB user manual and feature clarification
                cmksjboss

Hi Maciej,

Thanks for pointing me to the war file. I downloaded it and deployed it in JBOSS. Able to login without any issue as a user with a kie-user role.

But, I see the same issue where I am not able to create a new business process. THis is what I am doing on the UI after I login:

a) Goto Authoring -> Project Authoring

b) Goto Explore -> Projects

c) Created a new item for project & package

d) Select the project & package created.

e) Goto NewItem -> BPMN2 process

f) Select BPMN2 process radio button and enter the process name (eg. DTProcess) & click SAVE ==> Nothing happens

As I mentioned above, I am able to create a project, package, DRL file, New Form all using the NewItem menu.

Am I following the correct steps to create a new process? Please advise.

Thanks for your help!

Karthik.

• 5. Re: KIE-WB user manual and feature clarification
                  swiderski.maciej

not sure why you need step b) Goto Explore->Projects. Could you please try without it. Have done the same steps and all worked well. What OS are you running on?

Cheers

• 6. Re: KIE-WB user manual and feature clarification
                    swiderski.maciej

one more thing, please make sure that you have selected package where process should be created otherwise it won't be able to find the path in repository.

HTH

• 7. Re: KIE-WB user manual and feature clarification
                      cmksjboss

Hi Maciej,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not see 'Explore' as a top-level item in the version I have. I believe I checked out the latest code from Github when I built from the source. Nevertheless, I am able to create and select projects and packages as you have mentioned. Please see my notes beflow with respect to your OS setting. I am able to create the process on a Linux setting as mentioned below.

MacOS

======

KIE-WB .war + MacOS + JBoss 7.1 that comes bundled with the JBPM installer + H2 database with default settings. ==> NOT able to create Business Process with this setting

Linux

====

KIE-WB .war + CentOS Linux + JBoss 7.1 that comes bundled with the JBPM installer + Oracle database  ==> Can successfully create a business process.

Therefore I beleive there is some issue with my MacOS setting that is the cause of this issue. Will look into it more. If you have heard similar issues based on the OS, please let me know.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Karthik