4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 7:42 AM by ashpcs

jbpm 5.4 pools and lanes support

gmlopezdev

It is my understanding that jpbm support just single pool hence we should be able to create lanes within it.

I've tried to execute a very simple process with a single pool, one lane, a start node, script task and end node but got the following error messages:

[-1,-1]: Process 'test' [test]: Process has no start node.

[-1,-1]: Process 'test' [test]: Process has no end node.

Am I doing something wrong or is there any workaround for this issue?

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: jbpm 5.4 pools and lanes support
          gmlopezdev

As per my tests pools are not supported. jBPM supports dropping multiple lanes within a process but it does not currently support pools. There's another discussion closely related to this one here.

• 2. Re: jbpm 5.4 pools and lanes support
            thomas.setiabudi

Hi Guillermo L,

I am not sure about your question about pools and lanes, but the error that you got like:

[-1,-1]: Process 'test' [test]: Process has no end node.

May be caused by not adding start node and end node properly,

The solution can be to add start node & end node, Or make the process definition ad hoc by adding attribute to process tag ( tns:adHoc="true")

Regards,

Thomas Setiabudi

• 3. Re: jbpm 5.4 pools and lanes support
              gmlopezdev

Well, I got this error after trying to execute a simple process composed by one pool, one lane within it, a start node, an script task and an end node within the same lane. If I remove the pool no error is thrown so my guess is that pools are not supported at all. Furthermore there's some not that clear documentation which states that pools are not supported. Just lanes. The start and end node are already there. I didn't try adding the attribute you mentioned.

• 4. Re: jbpm 5.4 pools and lanes support
                ashpcs

Hi Guillermo,

Can you please share your BPMN file? It is a sample file but would be helpful in finding any minor error if present.