1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2013 11:41 AM by wdfink

Jboss 7 and the global JNDI

nullable

Hello,

I use JBoss 7.1 and did NOT understand the support of the global JNDI in "Remote application clients" of the global JNDI in JBOSS 7.1.

When I use the JNDI java:global/my-ear/my-ejb/BMPFacadeBean!my.domain.service.IBMPFacadeRemote

I get the error

testBMPProcessCommit(my.domain.itest.BMPIntegrationIT)  Time elapsed: 0.34 sec  <<< ERROR!

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: global/my-ear/my-ejb/BMPFacadeBean!my.domain.service.IBMPFacadeRemote -- service jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.exported.global.my-ear.my-ejb."BMPFacadeBean!my.domain.service.IBMPFacadeRemote"

at org.jboss.as.naming.ServiceBasedNamingStore.lookup(ServiceBasedNamingStore.java:97)

at org.jboss.as.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:178)

at org.jboss.naming.remote.protocol.v1.Protocol$1.handleServerMessage(Protocol.java:127)

at org.jboss.naming.remote.protocol.v1.RemoteNamingServerV1$MessageReciever$1.run(RemoteNamingServerV1.java:73)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

I want also to mention that JNDI ejb:my-ear/my-ejb//BMPFacadeBean!my.domain.service.IBMPFacadeRemote works just fine.

Also I have tried other JNDI names displayed when the EAR is deployed: it does not work!!!

1.What is the current status of implmenting the global JNDI for remote clients?

2. What is up with other JNDI names used in Remote Clients?

I use the following Properties when obtaining the Context (without jndi.properties):

env = new Properties();

env.setProperty( "java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory");

//env.setProperty( "java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jboss.as.naming.InitialContextFactory");

//env.put("jboss.naming.client.ejb.context", true);

env.setProperty(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.ejb.client.naming");

env.setProperty( "java.naming.provider.url", "remote://localhost:4447");

env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "user");

env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, "apassword");

• 1. Re: Jboss 7 and the global JNDI
          wdfink

If you access EJB from a remote client there are wo approaches for that.

The remote-naming and the ejb-client (which is the recommended way).

It depends on the client, whether you are inside of a JBoss server or not, and the approach you use.

You might have a look into the ejb-client or remote-naming documentation.