3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2013 9:57 AM by maxandersen

Project Archives definition keeps disappearing

chamfamdad

Just got a new computer so I am trying to set up Eclipse and JBoss Tools to work on my project.  I can't get anything to work.  So I punt and install  the bundled package from JBoss: JBoss Developer Studio 6.0.1.GA but I am still having the same problem.  Here it is in a nutshell:

My Configuration

Windows 7, 64 bit

JBoss Developer Studio 6.0.1.GA

Java 1.7

Like I said it's a new machine, so I thought I would go with all up to date software.

1) Start a new Java project.

2) Add two folders: images and javascript

3) right click the project, select Configure > Add Project Archives Support.  The Project Archives node will now be available under the project (assuming you are in the JBoss view)

4) right click Project Archives and select New Archive > JAR

5) name your archive test.war, also select Exploded archive resulting in a folder (no compression)

6) add two folders to your archive: images and javascript

7) build archive, check the disk and see that it actually works (i.e you get a test.war folder with two subfolders images and javascript).

8) close developer studio

9) open developer studio and check your archive and see that the folders you added are missing.

10) build archive and see that your folders are now missing from your war file

11) go to the disk and open the .packages file and see that your folders are still defined!

What am I missing?  No matter what I try, eclipse/JBoss Developer Studio/etc doesn't seem to remember what is supposed to be in my archive.

Here is my .packages file, but it seems to be ignored when I close and reopen eclipse/JBoss Developer Studio:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><packages version="1.3">

<package exploded="true" inWorkspace="true" name="test.war" todir="/testing project archives" type="jar">

<folder name="images">

<properties/>

</folder>

<folder name="javascript">

<properties/>

</folder>

<properties>

<property name="org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.packages.ModuleIDPropertyKey" value="1368710637165118646283970390031483"/>

</properties>

</package>

<properties/>

</packages>