1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 7:01 PM by hm8895

${jdbc.maxPoolSize} value in *-ds.xml file always read as 0 in JBOSS 6.1

knarayanan123

I am using JBOSS 6.1 final. I am trying to set the max pool size value in *-ds.xml file. Currently the following approach fails as JBOSS always reads the max pool size as 0,

- I would like to use <max-pool-size>${jdbc.maxPoolSize}</max-pool-size> in /jbossi-6/server/default/deploy/my-ds.xml 

- It always ends up with maxPoolSize = 0

The following approach succeeds though,

- If I use <max-pool-size>5</max-pool-size> in  /jbossi-6/server/default/deploy/my-ds.xml

- It ends up with maxPoolSize = 5

On the otherhand the same thing works fine in JBOSS4.2 without any changes. Any idea on why it doesn't read ${myapp.db.maxPoolSize} and always gets 0? and how I can fix it? I tried few suggestions mentioned in few discussion forums, but no success.

Any help is much Appreciated. Thank you

• 1. Re: ${jdbc.maxPoolSize} value in *-ds.xml file always read as 0 in JBOSS 6.1
          hm8895

Hi Karthik,

I see that you have some issue with migrating -ds.xml file to Jboss 6.1, I hope you resolved it by now. I am having issue with same -ds.xml file, Please let me know if you have any suggestions on this issue.

I am trying to migrate my application from 4.1 to 6.1 eap, when I try to deploy my *-ds.xml file I am seeing below error. Please suggest what is wrong.
          stanalone/deployments is where I am trying to deploy. Content of *-ds.xml is below. Please let me know is there any work around this issue. Seems that tags are not recognized by 6.1, Please let me know how to make them compatible with 6.1

<connection-factories>
            <no-tx-connection-factory>
            <jndi-name>logging/common/AuditLog</jndi-name>
            <rar-name>CommonAuditLogConnector.rar</rar-name>
            <connection-definition>javax.resource.cci.ConnectionFactory</connection-definition>
            </no-tx-connection-factory>
            </connection-factories>

21,547 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-16) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."CommonAuditLogConnector-ds.xml".PARSE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."CommonAuditLogConnector-ds.xml".PARSE: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase PARSE of deployment "CommonAuditLogConnector-ds.xml"
            at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:127) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4.jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4]
            at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA.jar:1.0.4.GA]
            at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA.jar:1.0.4.GA]
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895) [rt.jar:1.6.0_45]
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918) [rt.jar:1.6.0_45]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [rt.jar:1.6.0_45]
          Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: IJ010061: Unexpected element: connection-factories
            at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ds.processors.DsXmlDeploymentParsingProcessor.deploy(DsXmlDeploymentParsingProcessor.java:92)
            at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:120) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4.jar:7.2.0.Alpha1-redhat-4]
            ... 5 more
          Caused by: org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ParserException: IJ010061: Unexpected element: connection-factories
            at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ds.v10.DsParser.parse(DsParser.java:128)
            at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ds.v10.DsParser.parse(DsParser.java:87)
            at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ds.processors.DsXmlDeploymentParsingProcessor.deploy(DsXmlDeploymentParsingProcessor.java:86)
            ... 6 more