9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2013 2:14 PM by stephane_jeandeaux

ClassCastException using CXF 2.7.0 JAX-RS Client in JBoss AS7

mathewvino

I have trouble with CXF 2.7.0 in a JBoss AS7 environment. There is a classpath conflict with the RESTEasy Response class:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.resteasy.core.ServerResponse cannot be cast to org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.ResponseImpl at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.client.WebClient.handleResponse(WebClient.java:975) ...

Google around and added the following configuration in jboss_deployement_structure.xml file. But no luck I am using jboss7.1.1 as my application server. Any thoughts on this. Thanks for the help

<sub-deployment name="tfnmgr.war">

<exclusions>

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-atom-provider"/>

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-cdi"/>

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jaxrs"/>

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jaxb-provider"/>

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jackson-provider"/>

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jettison-provider"/>

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-yaml-provider"/>

<module name="org.jboss.as.webservices.*"/>

<module name="org.jboss.ws.*" />

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jsapi"/>

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-multipart-provider"/>

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.async-http-servlet-30"/>

</exclusions>

</sub-deployment>

• 1. Re: ClassCastException using CXF 2.7.0 JAX-RS Client in JBoss AS7
          vrlgohel

You need to disable the same like this,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
          <jboss-deployment-structure xmlns="urn:jboss:deployment-structure:1.2">
            <deployment>
              <exclude-subsystems>
                <subsystem name="jaxrs" />
                <subsystem name="webservices" />
              </exclude-subsystems>
            </deployment>
          </jboss-deployment-structure>

• 2. Re: ClassCastException using CXF 2.7.0 JAX-RS Client in JBoss AS7
            mathewvino

Thanks Viral for the quick response. I tried with this but the problem is I am using JBOSS7.1.1 and i am getting like the following error

Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[2,1]

Message: Unexpected element '{urn:jboss:deployment-structure:1.2}jboss-deployment-structure'.

Is it something like I need to upgrade my jboss to the latest version.

Thanks for the help

• 3. Re: ClassCastException using CXF 2.7.0 JAX-RS Client in JBoss AS7
              vrlgohel

Hi Vinod,

This depends on the namespaces configured in module.xml for jax-rs and cxf.

For example, in $JBOSS_HOME/modules/org/apache/cxf/main/module.xml, the xmlns points to  'urn:jboss:module:1.1', then you would need to have the same in your jboss-deployment-structure.xml.

Like this, <jboss-deployment-structure xmlns="urn:jboss:deployment-structure:1.1">.

Can you please try this out and let me know the results ?

• 4. Re: ClassCastException using CXF 2.7.0 JAX-RS Client in JBoss AS7
                mathewvino

Thanks Viral,

I think I tried  and I am getting the following error .The error says <exclude-subsystems> is not supported in 7.1.1

15:59:00,388 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-3) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."tfn-ear-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.ear".STRUCTURE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartExce

ption in service jboss.deployment.unit."tfn-ear-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.ear".STRUCTURE: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "tfn-ear-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.ear"

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:119) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [rt.jar:1.7.0_02]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [rt.jar:1.7.0_02]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_02]

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: Error loading jboss-structure.xml from C:\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\tmp\vfs\tempdcc7875d15f8c489\content-fe7468c559dc

5ef\contents\META-INF\jboss-deployment-structure.xml

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.module.descriptor.DeploymentStructureDescriptorParser.parse(DeploymentStructureDescriptorParser.java:277) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.module.descriptor.DeploymentStructureDescriptorParser.parse(DeploymentStructureDescriptorParser.java:249) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.module.descriptor.DeploymentStructureDescriptorParser.deploy(DeploymentStructureDescriptorParser.java:134) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:113) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

... 5 more

Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[7,9]

Message: Unexpected content of type 'element start' named '{urn:jboss:deployment-structure:1.1}exclude-subsystems'

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.module.descriptor.JBossDeploymentStructureParser11.unexpectedContent(JBossDeploymentStructureParser11.java:1098) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

• 5. Re: ClassCastException using CXF 2.7.0 JAX-RS Client in JBoss AS7
                  vrlgohel

Are you get that exception when the application is deployed or invoking it ?

• 6. Re: ClassCastException using CXF 2.7.0 JAX-RS Client in JBoss AS7
                    jmalpica

Hi all,

I am facing the same problem and I am really stuck with that. Did you finally get a solution?

Thank you.

• 7. Re: ClassCastException using CXF 2.7.0 JAX-RS Client in JBoss AS7
                      chaohuis

jboss-eap-6.1.0.Beta&jboss-as-7.1.1.Final.

just one solution,not recommend.

1.comment

<!--

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:jaxrs:1.0"/>-->

and

<!--

<extension module="org.jboss.as.jaxrs"/>-->

in standalone.xml

---

2.comment

<!--

<module name="javax.ws.rs.api" export="true"  services="export"/>-->

in $JBOSS_HOME/modules/system/layers/base/javaee/api/main/module.xml

• 8. Re: ClassCastException using CXF 2.7.0 JAX-RS Client in JBoss AS7
                        jmalpica

Hi chaohui sun,

that works fine for me!!!!!!!

Thank you very much for your help. 

• 9. Re: ClassCastException using CXF 2.7.0 JAX-RS Client in JBoss AS7
                          stephane_jeandeaux

Hi Mathew,

I have a war and use cxf 2.7.5 and Jboss 7.1.1.Final. That works with jboss-deployment-structure.xml in my web-inf :

<jboss-deployment-structure xmlns="urn:jboss:deployment-structure:1.1">

<deployment>

<exclusions>

<!-- Exclude Version cxf of JBOSS -->

<module name="org.apache.cxf" />

<!-- Exclude JAVA EE of JBOSS (javax.ws..) => Add dependency javax.annotation -->

<module name="javaee.api" />

<!-- Exclude RestEasy conflict (javax.ws.rs.ext.RunDelegate) -->

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-atom-provider" />

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-cdi" />

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jackson-provider" />

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jaxb-provider" />

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jaxrs" />

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jettison-provider" />

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-jsapi" />

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-multipart-provider" />

<module name="org.jboss.resteasy.resteasy-yaml-provider" />

</exclusions>

<dependencies>

<!-- Add javax.annotation.Ressource -->

<module name="javax.annotation.api" />

</dependencies>

</deployment>

</jboss-deployment-structure>