7 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2013 3:31 AM by irs

some problems with jBpm5.3 using mysql

dapengking

Hi,everyone!

I am a new comer for jBpm5.And a few days ago, when I worked with my project,I found that it can help me with the Business Process in some way.So I began to study how to use jBpm5.4 with the "jbpm-5.4.0.Final-docs".But after a week's work,I got some problems here:

1)My project is a web project based on mysql and tomcat.So the first day I met jBpm5.4,I felt very glad that I found it can support mysql.Then I changed the configuration just like the docs said.But I found there are some difference between the docs and the jBPM5.4 project itself .I searched in the jBPM community,and found that the jBPM 5.4 doc is proved to be based on jbpm5.3 . So I changed to the jBPM5.3 , And do the same work as the jbpm5.3 docs said.But it still doesn't work!

so my question is : does anyone change the database to mysql successfully ? If so , could you help me with that? (My os is win7, mysql 5.1.51 , jdk 1.6.0_31 , jPBM5.3 )

2)Another problem is that when I install jBPM5.3 using ant command "ant install.demo",I also install some projects like console , task server and juvnor. I know they are helpful in a lot of ways.But if I only want to use the jBPM5.3 core api to help with my business process in my web project, which is the most basic thing I need . Could anybody talk about how to install the minimum environment if just want to use the jBPM5.3 core api include the "user task node" in the business definition?

Thanks for any help!

• 1. Re: some problems with jBpm5.3 using mysql
          irs

Hi

1) you can follow the following article for mysql configuration, from build.properties section.

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/SetUpJBPM54FinalInstallerToUseMySQL-OrHowToRunSection37OfTheUserGuide

after changing the files you will have to fire the following command  "ant install.db"  instead of  "ant start.demo.db".

2) For minimal environment you can deploy the war files available in the lib folder of the jbpm-installer. you can deploy "jbpm-human-task-war-5.4.0.Final-EE6.war" for human task implementation and "jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.4.0.Final-EE6" fro jbpm server engine.

Regards,

Irshad

• 2. Re: some problems with jBpm5.3 using mysql
            dapengking

Hi

Firstly thanks a lot .

I followed your steps . But when I type in the command "ant install.db" , it did not work. The cmd console show me the message "Target 'install.db' does not exist in the project 'jBPM.install' ".Would you tell me how to do with it.

Wishes!

• 3. Re: some problems with jBpm5.3 using mysql
              irs

Hi

My mistake the cmd is "ant install.db.files". you can verify the command in your build.xml of the jbpm-installer. this target should be available in your build.xml.

Regards,

Irshad

• 4. Re: some problems with jBpm5.3 using mysql
                dapengking

Hi Irshad:

Thanks a lot for your patience . I did as the link you give me above . After I changed all the files , I run the command " ant install.db.files" . And it showed me the "successful" msg . But If I want to start the JBoss , and run the sample attached in the jBpm5.4-final in the eclipse , what should I do?

I looked up in the build.xml file , found that the Command Line "install.demo" just call the function "install.jboss,install.db.files,install.guvnor.into.jboss,install.designer.into.jboss,install.jBPM-gwt-console.into.jboss,install.jBPM-ht.into.jboss,install.form.builder.into.jboss,install.eclipse,install.jBPM.runtime,install.droolsjbpm-eclipse.into.eclipse" . Could I just change the command for example : I change it into "install.jboss,install.db.files,install.jBPM-ht.into.jboss,install.eclipse,install.jBPM.runtime,install.droolsjbpm-eclipse.into.eclipse" , Then run the command "ant install.demo" to install the environment for minimal ? But I did it , it did not work well ... ( after the install command , I can't start the jBoss . The log file tell me the war is deployed failed .)

And then I reinstall all the jBpm5.4 . Changed all the files as the steps . And did not change the bulid.xml as I said above . This time I run "ant start.demo" , after the eclipse started , I imported the sample . But I can not run it . The console tells "Unable to connect to server using configuration org-hornetq-core-remoting-impl-netty-NettyConnectorFactory?port=5153&host=127-0-0-1" . And when I visited the jBPM Console in my web browser , it showed the msg as the pic.

AAA.png

I don't know what should I do ...

Thanks again ,  And I feel very sorry to trouble you . Any help will be thankful !

Wishes!

• 5. Re: some problems with jBpm5.3 using mysql
                  irs

Hi

"Unable to connect to server using configuration org-hornetq-core-remoting-impl-netty-NettyConnectorFactory?port=5153&host=127-0-0-1". If you are getting this error after starting the process then you will have to start the human task server. For starting the humantask server you will have to run the follwing command "ant start.human.task".

For the minimal installation you can download the seprate war file and deploy them in to your web server.

Regards,

Irshad

• 6. Re: some problems with jBpm5.3 using mysql
                    dapengking

Hi

I already restart the jboss server . But it did not work ... Still unable to connect to the server . and I typed in the command "ant start.human.task" , it throwed exception ,showed that "jdbc driver not found" . But here is the situation if I use the default database like h2 . And use the command "ant install.demo" then "ant start.demo" , the sample project can work well .

Anyway, it did help me a lot .Thanks all the same .

Wishes!

• 7. Re: some problems with jBpm5.3 using mysql
                      irs

Hi dapeng,

you can check if the driver is downloaded in your "installer/db/driver" path if not then you can place your driver in to that path and try it.

Hope this helps ...

Regards,

Irshad