3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 12:39 PM by garethed

Designer not rendering service tasks correctly when loading a process

garethed

JBPM version: 5.4

Drools Version 5.5.0.Final

Designer 2.4.0.Final

Hi, I have created a very simple customer work item which is just logging the data set in the task.

The service task appears correctly in the servce tasks menu with icon and appears correct when dragged into a process.

I can set it up, save it and it works correctly with my handler being called.  Every thing is fine.

When I load the process to make changes, my service task is visable in the process but does not have an icon and is missing the 'extra' section of the properties.

I cannot make changes to the service task without deleting and re-adding to my workflow.

the definition is:

{code}

import org.drools.process.core.datatype.impl.type.StringDataType;

import org.drools.process.core.datatype.impl.type.IntegerDataType;

[

[

"name" : "Email",

"parameters" : [

"From" : new StringDataType(),

"To" : new StringDataType(),

"Subject" : new StringDataType(),

"Body" : new StringDataType()

],

"displayName" : "Email",

"icon" : "http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/rest/packages/Dev/assets/defaultemailicon/binary"

],

[

"name" : "Log",

"Message" : new StringDataType()

],

"displayName" : "Log",

"icon" : "http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/rest/packages/Dev/assets/defaultlogicon/binary"

],

[

"name" : "UpdateWorkflowCurrentTask",

"taskName" : new StringDataType(),

"treatmentId" : new IntegerDataType()

],

"displayName" : "Current Workflow Task",

"icon" : "http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/rest/packages/globalArea/assets/dataInDb/binary"

]

]

{code}

It appears to be some kind of rendering issue.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Designer not rendering service tasks correctly when loading a process
          osebelin

Just a wild guess: is there a ClassCastException in the logs? I'm facing a similar issue with the Eclipse plugin.

• 2. Re: Designer not rendering service tasks correctly when loading a process
            garethed

No, but I get a few exceptions:

failed to execute: javax.ws.rs.WebApplicationException

at org.drools.guvnor.server.jaxrs.PackageResource.getAssetAsAtom(PackageResource.java:538) [guvnor-webapp-core-5.5.0.Final.jar:5.5.0.Final]

at org.drools.guvnor.server.jaxrs.PackageResource$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.getAssetAsAtom(PackageResource$Proxy$_$$_WeldClientProxy.java) [guvnor-webapp-core-5.5.0.Final.jar:5.5.0.Final]......

and

javax.jcr.ItemExistsException: This node already exists: /drools:repository/drools:package_area/Dev/assets/defaultemailicon.....

and

javax.jcr.ItemExistsException: This node already exists: /drools:repository/drools:package_area/Dev/assets/defaultlogicon......

and

javax.jcr.ItemExistsException: This node already exists: /drools:repository/drools:package_area/Dev/assets/defaultservicenodeicon......

• 3. Re: Designer not rendering service tasks correctly when loading a process
              garethed

I think the problem was the input variable name I chose "taskName" : new StringDataType()