3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 7:56 AM by jsvitak

Verifying change to JBPM database

dmwpepper

Hi, I'm new to JBPM and wanted to change the underlying database to Postgress.   I believe I followed the instructions in the JBPM User Guide.  The server.log seems to indicate that it was deployed ok:

18:42:47,668 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS010403: Deploying JDBC-compliant driver class org.h2.Driver (version 1.3)

18:42:47,684 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS010404: Deploying non-JDBC-compliant driver class org.postgresql.Driver (version 9.2)

18:42:47,684 INFO  [org.jboss.as.jpa] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS011402: Starting Persistence Unit Service 'jbpm-gwt-console-server.war#org.jbpm.persistence.jpa'

18:42:47,684 INFO  [org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration] (MSC service thread 1-6) HHH000204: Processing PersistenceUnitInfo [

name: org.jbpm.persistence.jpa

Dumb question, but I'm not sure how to test to see that its actually working?

• 1. Re: Verifying change to JBPM database
          jsvitak

Hi,

you can try to run a business process in jbpm console and when it completes successfully, then it works. Server log should show no persistence related errors. You can also install pgAdmin, connect to the database and check that there is a database schema created for jbpm.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Verifying change to JBPM database
            dmwpepper

The directions on trying a MySQL database are confusing.  The directions end with:

Start the demo

We've modified all the neccessary files at this point, all that's left to do is run the demo.

Of course, this would be a good time to start your database up as well!

Don't you have to put a MySQL driver in standalone/deployments before running the demo?

• 3. Re: Verifying change to JBPM database
              jsvitak

Hello David,

your second question does not relate to the first one. If the answer was helpful for you, could you mark your question as answered and start a new thread for another question? Otherwise the discussions become confusing. Thanks.

Regarding to your second question - I do not know which manual did you follow, but in general you have to provide jdbc driver for container to connect to database. For standalone deployment it's fine to use JBoss modules. See https://community.jboss.org/wiki/DataSourceConfigurationInAS7

1 of 1 people found this helpful