4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2013 9:41 AM by milesifrr

Can't resolve Archetype - cordova

magick93

Hi

I'm trying to create a project using the Cordova archetype.

But I'm getting "Can't resolve Archetype org.jboss.errai.archetypes:cordova-quickstart:3.0"

Is this a glitch in the matrix, or is there a problem with Nexus?

• 1. Re: Can't resolve Archetype - cordova
          edewit

Hi Anton,

It wasn't a glitch in the matrix, but the archtype hadn't been deployed. I've changed the version number in the documentation and deployed the archtype from my local machine. Could you give it a try?

Cheers,

Erik Jan

• 2. Re: Can't resolve Archetype - cordova
            milesifrr

Hi Erik,

I followed the instructions at https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ERRAI/Errai-Cordova+Maven+Archetype , butI have problems.

I typed

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.jboss.errai.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=cordova-quickstart -DarchetypeVersion=2.2.0-SNAPSHOT -DarchetypeRepository=https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/

and filled the requested informations. Then I entered the directory of the generated project e launched

mvn package

but I got the following error

Failed to execute goal on project cordova-quickstart: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.jboss.errai.archetypes:cordova-quickstart:war:2.2.0-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: org.jboss.errai:errai-bus:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT, org.jboss.errai:errai-ioc:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT, org.jboss.errai:errai-tools:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT, org.jboss.errai:errai-cdi-client:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT, org.jboss.errai:errai-javax-enterprise:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT, org.jboss.errai:errai-weld-integration:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT, org.jboss.errai:errai-ui:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT, org.jboss.errai:errai-data-binding:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT, org.jboss.errai:errai-cordova:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact org.jboss.errai:errai-bus:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT

I tried to generate project using archetype verion 3.0-SNAPSHOT but I get the following error

Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:2.2:generate (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: The desired archetype does not exist (org.jboss.errai.archetypes:cordova-quickstart:3.0-SNAPSHOT)

I also tries 3.0, 3.0.1, 3.0.1-SNAPSHOT to no avail.

What's the correct version of the archetype?

thanks in advance for your help

ciao Francesco

• 3. Re: Can't resolve Archetype - cordova
              edewit

Hi Francesco,

That you are able to generate a project, means that the version number on the mvn archtype command is correct. The cordova module is very new and only available in version 3.0-SNAPSHOT of errai and snapshots are not released into the maven repository, they sit in a seperate one. What is missing fron the archetype is the configuration to tell mavne to also download dependencies from the jboss snapshot. I have updated the archetype and deployed it again, so if you regenerate a project the settings will be correct. If you already modified the generated project, you can also add the following lines to the pom of the generated project:

<!-- on line 33 -->

<repositories>

<repository>

<id>jboss-public-repository</id>

<name>JBoss Repository</name>

<url>http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public</url>

<releases>

</releases>

<snapshots>

<enabled>true</enabled>

</snapshots>

</repository>

</repositories>

Hope that helps,

Erik Jan

• 4. Re: Can't resolve Archetype - cordova
                milesifrr

hi Erik,

thanks a lot for your quick response. I only had to tweak two line of code where I substituted RpcErrorCallback with ErrorCallback and everything works fine.

thanks a lot for your help.

ciao Francesco