1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2013 10:02 AM by campos Go to original post
      • 15. Re: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
        macecanuck

I have found simply opening the task manager and stopping services (in my case atgsearch.exe) helped with this problem.

• 16. Re: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
          gaurava

You can fire this command on windows machine’s command prompt-

netstat -ano

You will get to know which port is used by which process and then kill that specific process. 

• 17. Re: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
            campos

Hi Guys,

I saw this thread on my email update from jboss community and since I already pass through this problem and resolved then like charm . I will share the solution with you guys.

So What happens is some windows process use random port to it services, so sometimes it get the jboss port which is terrible.

So, you can tell windows like this: Man do not use these ports, I am using then!! How to do it? Simple:

Just add a configuration on windows registry to reserve the ports that you don't want windows to use. And where to put this configuration?

Open the Registry editor (regedit) then go to this path

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

then create a new Multi-string value with name ReservedPorts then edit then and add the range of ports that you do not want windows to use here i put 1020-9000

restart your machine and you will not have this problem ever again, unless of course, you delete this configuration or some other program outside MS window use this ports...

Here I have to do this for 60 developers so, I create a file of type .reg (jboss-ports-range.reg) with this configuration and told to every one double click then!

The file has to have this content:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]

"ReservedPorts"=hex(7):31,00,30,00,32,00,30,00,2d,00,31,00,31,00,32,00,30,00,\

I hope it helps you guys

and SORRY ABOUT MY ENGLISH... i know it is terrible!

1 2 Previous Next