2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2013 1:31 PM by atijms

JASPIC module not invoked after request#login

atijms

I've installed a JASPIC (JASPI/JSR 196) SAM (login module) in JBoss EAP 6.01. It works and is invoked whenever a protected resource is accessed.

However, when I call HttpServletRequest#login it's NOT invoked, and JBoss instead invokes the default file realm login module.

Any rationale for this behavior?

• 1. Re: JASPIC module not invoked after request#login
          anil.saldhana

arjan tijms wrote:

I've installed a JASPIC (JASPI/JSR 196) SAM (login module) in JBoss EAP 6.01. It works and is invoked whenever a protected resource is accessed.

However, when I call HttpServletRequest#login it's NOT invoked, and JBoss instead invokes the default file realm login module.

It may be a bug.  Please create a JIRA issue in AS7.

• 2. Re: JASPIC module not invoked after request#login
            atijms

Anil Saldhana wrote:

arjan tijms wrote:

It may be a bug.  Please create a JIRA issue in AS7.

Possiby. I forgot to mention btw that GlassFish and WebLogic also don't invoke the SAM after HttpServletRequest#login. So maybe they all have the same bug, or maybe it's a spec issue?

As you have been involved with JSR 196 for a long time, do you know if this issue ever came up in EG discussions? JASPIC was finished before Servlet 3 was finished (nearly 2 years between them), so maybe that's the cause?