3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2013 1:17 AM by pradige

Problem: JBoss Messaging XA Recovery Configuration

felderr

When reading the JBoss messaging documentation 1.4.5 on chapter 8 (JBoss Messaging XA Recovery Configuration) is says that the configuration file /conf/jbossjta-properties.xml must be modified to support recovery of XA transactions:

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.jta.recovery.XAResourceRecovery.JBMESSAGING1"
                 value="org.jboss.jms.server.recovery.MessagingXAResourceRecovery;java:/DefaultJMSProvider"/>

On JBoss 5 there is no file with the name jbossjta-properties.xml. Instead you have to change the conf/jbossts-properties.xml file with the changes above.After you modify the file and restart the JBoss AS you can find the following error in the log file:

2010-01-11 19:05:37,265 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] (Thread-19) [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.xarecovery1] Local XARecoveryModule.xaRecovery  got XA exception javax.transaction.xa.XAException: Error trying to connect to provider java:/DefaultJMSProvider, XAException.XAER_RMERR
      2010-01-11 19:05:37,265 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.server.recovery.MessagingXAResourceWrapper] (Thread-19) Recover java:/DefaultJMSProvider
      2010-01-11 19:05:37,266 ERROR [org.jboss.jms.server.recovery.MessagingXAResourceWrapper] (Thread-19) ********************************Failed to connect to server
      javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ClusteredXAConnectionFactory not bound

The Problem is that the XARecoveryModule tries to start recovering although the Messaging Factories are not yet set up. The ConnectionFactory is set up 3 seconds after the errors occur.

2010-01-11 19:05:40,707 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactoryJNDIMapper] (main) Server[1].ConnFactoryJNDIMapper registering connection factory 'jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ClusteredConnectionFactory', bindings: /ClusteredConnectionFactory, /ClusteredXAConnectionFactory, java:/ClusteredConnectionFactory, java:/ClusteredXAConnectionFactory

Beside the fact that the documentation is not up to date (as it refers to the wrong file in JBoss 5) it does also not cover the problem with the loading of the modules and how to work around this severe problem in production! Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Problem: JBoss Messaging XA Recovery Configuration
          gaohoward

I think the message is just fine. If there are some unfinished tx the recovery module will keep trying (at an interval) until the messaging resource is up and running and the tx has been recovered.

Howard

• 2. Re: Problem: JBoss Messaging XA Recovery Configuration
            felderr

After getting the above error message I get the following:

2010-01-21 17:36:31,891 WARN  [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] (Thread-5) [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.resources.arjunacore.norecoveryxa] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.resources.arjunacore.norecoveryxa] Could not find new XAResource to use for recovering non-serializable XAResource < 131075, 29, 27, 1--3f57feb0:be60:4b587fd2:115-3f57feb0:be60:4b587fd2:116 >

So the problem is still not solved. This happens in JBoss 4 as well as in JBoss 5.

• 3. Re: Problem: JBoss Messaging XA Recovery Configuration
              pradige

I also get the same warn message. I guess  it happen when i delete DefaultDS using jmx-console by mistake, if u know the way to recover DefaultDS ? *-ds.xml file is still exist.