3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2013 1:06 PM by swiderski.maciej

How to deploy a BPMN process file by using the JBPM API ?

miniservice

there's some questions for me .

In my project , i use the spring to manage the KnowledgeBase and the StatefulKnowledgeSession , and the config XML is follow .

<drools:kbase id="kbase">

<drools:resources>

<drools:resource type="BPMN2" source="classpath:Evaluation.bpmn" />

<drools:resource type="BPMN2" source="classpath:WorkTrip.bpmn" />

<drools:resource type="BPMN2" source="classpath:HR_WorkTrip.bpmn" />

<drools:resource type="BPMN2" source="classpath:Common_WorkTrip.bpmn" />

<drools:resource type="BPMN2" source="classpath:Performance.bpmn" />

</drools:resources>

</drools:kbase>

<drools:ksession id="sSession" type="stateful" kbase="kbase">

<drools:configuration>

<drools:jpa-persistence>

<drools:transaction-manager ref="txManager" />

<drools:entity-manager-factory

ref="entityManagerFactory" />

</drools:jpa-persistence>

</drools:configuration>

</drools:ksession>

but when i need to add a new BPMN process resource , i need to add a drools:resource config and restart the web server to deploy it into the  KnowledgeBase which is used in my project .

is there a JBPM API for me to deploy it into the KnowledgeBase without using the guvnor ? Like the way in JBPM4.x .

in the JBPM demo , i know that the BPMN resource can be deployed by using this code :

private static KnowledgeBase readKnowledgeBase() throws Exception {

KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory

.newKnowledgeBuilder();

kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource("Evaluation.bpmn"),

ResourceType.BPMN2);

return kbuilder.newKnowledgeBase();

}

but when i used the spring , i can't do this to deploy now . because if i use this way , the KnowledgeBase and the StatefulKnowledgeSession are the new instance different with the one in spring IOC .

how can i do ? is there any way to do without using the guvnor web ? just using the JBPM API .