2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2013 8:45 PM by dmalmeida

Jbpm Engine and Human Task Libraries as Modules on Jboss 6 EAP

dmalmeida

Good Night Guys!

I´m trying to design an ejb module that is part on an enterprise application. This module has a process definition and uses the jbpm engine in order to instatiate the process. I put the jbpm dependencies and human taskd dependencies as modules on a Jboss 6 EAP. The entire app deploys correctly on the server but at runtime the app crashes and throws an exception that indicate that the following class is missing: KnowledgeBuilderFactoryServiceImpl  on one of the defined modules.

My question is: if it is possible to build an application like the one that I´m trying to build-? and If so, what is the best approach to make the jbpm and human task libraries available to an ejb module?( The module approach gives me problems because of the modules dependencies and their order)

Thanks in advance!!!

• 1. Re: Jbpm Engine and Human Task Libraries as Modules on Jboss 6 EAP
          jsvitak

Hi,

jbpm libraries consist of multiple .jar files. So it's possible that you forgot to add drools-compiler artifact in particular, which contains class KnowledgeBuilderFactoryServiceImpl.

But I still think that better solution is to include jbpm .jar files as a part of your module. I mean to have them included by build inside of deployed .war or .ear files/directories.

• 2. Re: Jbpm Engine and Human Task Libraries as Modules on Jboss 6 EAP
            dmalmeida

Thanks Jiri,

Before I tried to put the dependencies as modules, I' ve tried to include the jars inside the ejb module, but they are not included on the jar. (I use maven in my project).  Then I tried to put that depencies on the ear, but the problem still persist. Finally, I deployed the jbpm-gwt-console-server.war  and jbpm-human-task.war and put those as dependecies of my project and it works!. But that it not the best approach. Maybe do you know how to include those dependencies in order to make them available to the ejb module?

Thanks in advance.

DieGo