4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2013 2:22 PM by roxy1987

Hierarchy in jBPM 5?

roxy1987

Hi

Can we maintain hierarchy between the groups in jbpm5? I am talking about the relationship between , say, a group of employees and a user from manager group.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Hierarchy in jBPM 5?
          swiderski.maciej

could you be little bit more specific?

there is UserGroupCallback interface that might be of help here.

HTH

• 2. Re: Hierarchy in jBPM 5?
            roxy1987

Thanks Maciej.

See what I am looking to achieve is for a manager to be able to view the tasks of the employees he is senior to.

Eg. Say there is a group called manager with 2 users, manager1 and manager2. and There is another group say employee with 2 users emp1, emp2. Manager1 is manager of emp1 and should be allowed to view his tasks. and same for manager2.

So is there a feature to maintain such mapping between group users?

The same can be achieved in IBM ProcessServer and hence is a requirement I need to work on. If not then I would need to maintain external mapping.

• 3. Re: Hierarchy in jBPM 5?
              swiderski.maciej

ok, now I got it, thanks for explanation

one way of doing it could be to utilize additional participants in the task life cycle defined by WS-HT spec, for instance task stake holders. And then you can query for tasks that are assigned for task stakeholders using method: taskClient.getTasksAssignedAsTaskStakeholder

unfortunately task stake holders are not filled in by out of the box HT work item handlers in 5.4, it was added after the release so you need to extend them to accommodate such feature.

HTH

• 4. Re: Hierarchy in jBPM 5?
                roxy1987

Ok. Thanks