1 2 3 Previous Next 33 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2013 12:34 PM by jjgl7 Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Infinispan Hibernate 2nd level caching not working

Hi Scott

I am trying to configure second level caching for hibernate using Infinispan. My JBoss AS version is 7.1.1 (Final) Brontes release.

However, I am still getting the below exception

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.hibernate.cache.infinispan.InfinispanRegionFactory.getCache(InfinispanRegionFactory.java:445)

at org.hibernate.cache.infinispan.InfinispanRegionFactory.buildEntityRegion(InfinispanRegionFactory.java:198)

at org.hibernate.internal.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:339)

at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1737)

at org.hibernate.ejb.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.<init>(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:84)

at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:904)

at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:889)

at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:73)

at org.jboss.as.jpa.service.PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.java:162)

at org.jboss.as.jpa.service.PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.start(PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.java:85)

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

... 3 more

Can you please help me in getting through this?

I have also added the below to my standalone.xml file for "Eager" start:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:infinispan:1.2" default-cache-container="hibernate">

<cache-container name="hibernate" default-cache="local-query" start="EAGER">

Also,

My persistence.xml has the following properties related to 2nd level caching:

<shared-cache-mode>ENABLE_SELECTIVE</shared-cache-mode>

<properties>

<property name="hibernate.cache.use_query_cache" value="true" />

<property name="hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache" value="true" />

</properties>

• 31. Re: Infinispan Hibernate 2nd level caching not working
          smarlow

Does the same error occur if you remove the start="EAGER"?

Try the latest AS7 nightly build and if you get the same error, show the error exception again here. 

Also show us the contents of your application deployment archive.  This can be done with the "jar tf yourdeployment.ear" (of course change yourdeployment.ear to the actual name).

• 32. Re: Infinispan Hibernate 2nd level caching not working

Thanks for the quick reply Scott!

It works with the latest nightly build!

• 33. Re: Infinispan Hibernate 2nd level caching not working
              jjgl7

Himani Aggarwal wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply Scott!

It works with the latest nightly build!

Hi Himani, I'm using version jboss-as-7.1.1.Final, were you facing the problem with this version?

I have the same problem, but don't know I was post or pre version 7.1.1.

Thanks,

11:09:16,526 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-2) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.persistenceunit."myApp.ear/model-ejb.jar#toolPU": org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.persistenceunit."myApp.ear/model-ejb.jar#toolPU": Failed to start service

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1767) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.hibernate.cache.infinispan.InfinispanRegionFactory.getCache(InfinispanRegionFactory.java:445)

at org.hibernate.cache.infinispan.InfinispanRegionFactory.buildTimestampsRegion(InfinispanRegionFactory.java:229)

at org.hibernate.cache.spi.UpdateTimestampsCache.<init>(UpdateTimestampsCache.java:63)

at org.hibernate.internal.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:470)

at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1737)

at org.hibernate.ejb.EntityManagerFactoryImpl.<init>(EntityManagerFactoryImpl.java:84)

at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:904)

at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:889)

at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:73)

at org.jboss.as.jpa.service.PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.java:162)

at org.jboss.as.jpa.service.PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.start(PersistenceUnitServiceImpl.java:85)

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

... 3 more

Message was edited by: Juan J. Garcia

1 2 3 Previous Next