13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2014 4:10 PM by jesper.pedersen

Resource Adapter config

earnest.dyke

Greetings all,

I have a developed a JCA/Resource Adapter that I am now trying to deploy. I want to configure the connections via the JBoss admin console and not in the ironjacamar.xml file. So when I package my .rar the ironjacamar.xml has only the <ironjacamar> root node and nothing else. When I try to deploy the .rar I get the following error:

Caused by: org.jboss.jca.common.api.validator.ValidateException: IJ010075: The resource adapter metadata must contain either an outbound or inbound configuration

I cannot find out how to specify that the adapter is outbound via annotations. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any and all relevant responses!

Earnie!

• 1. Re: Resource Adapter config
          jesper.pedersen

Use the RAR info tool from IronJacamar 1.1 to get a sample deployment descriptor: http://docs.jboss.org/ironjacamar/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/tools.html#tools_rarinfo

• 2. Re: Resource Adapter config
            earnest.dyke

I am using Ironjacamar 1.0.11. Is the rar-info tool a 1.1 feature?

Earnie!

• 3. Re: Resource Adapter config
              jesper.pedersen

Standalone tool in the IronJacamar distribution.

You won't see IronJacamar 1.1 inside AS until version 8+

• 4. Re: Resource Adapter config
                earnest.dyke

I have downloaded 1.0.13.Final and I do not see rar-info.sh /.bat!?!

Earnie!

• 5. Re: Resource Adapter config
                  jesper.pedersen

1.1.0.Beta3

• 6. Re: Resource Adapter config
                    earnest.dyke

Downloaded 1.1.0.Beta3 and ran rar-info.bat on my .rar file and the message was:

JCA annotations aren't supported

?

Earnie!

• 7. Re: Resource Adapter config
                      earnest.dyke

Let me restate my problem.

I have create a JCA 1.6 Resource Adapter using Annotations. I want to configure the connections outside the .rar (via the JBoss management console) so my ironjacamar.xml contains only the root node (no <connection-definitions>. Using annotations I do not see where within the config I can specify that the resource adapter is outbound.

Earnie!

• 8. Re: Resource Adapter config
                        jesper.pedersen

If there is no default activation of the resource adapter you don't need the ironjacamar.xml file.

Follow the schema for the :resource-adapters: subsystem to activate the resource adapter - there are numerous examples on this.

• 9. Re: Resource Adapter config
                          earnest.dyke

Removed ironjacamar.xml from META-INF, redployed and this is the exception:

10:48:14,180 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-7) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."Trilogie-JCA.rar".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."Trilogie-JCA.rar".INSTALL: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "Trilogie-JCA.rar"

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:123) [jboss-as-server-7.1.2.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.1.2.Final-redhat-1]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.2.GA-redhat-1]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.2.GA-redhat-1]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: org.jboss.jca.common.api.validator.ValidateException: IJ010075: The resource adapter metadata must contain either an outbound or inbound configuration

at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.deploy(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:172)

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:116) [jboss-as-server-7.1.2.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.1.2.Final-redhat-1]

... 5 more

Caused by: org.jboss.jca.common.api.validator.ValidateException: IJ010075: The resource adapter metadata must contain either an outbound or inbound configuration

at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ra.common.ResourceAdapter1516Impl.validate(ResourceAdapter1516Impl.java:333)

at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ra.common.ConnectorAbstractmpl.validate(ConnectorAbstractmpl.java:305)

at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.deploy(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:129)

... 6 more

Earnie!

• 10. Re: Resource Adapter config
                            jesper.pedersen

Use latest snapshot or EAP 6.0.1. And it looks like you are missing some metadata (annotations) for outbound or inbound.

Post the structure of your .rar.

• 11. Re: Resource Adapter config
                              earnest.dyke

Turns out this was a packaging problem on my side. The .jar containing the resource adapter was not being included in the .rar.

Thanks for the help Jesper!

Earnie!

• 12. Re: Resource Adapter config
                                lx_r

hello Jasper.

I have created custom adapter. When i am trying to deploye this rar in  jboss-eap-6.1, i am getting same error as above. My rar sturcture is:

1. META-INF-----[ Manifiest.mf

maven

2. org

3. connector jar.

stack trace in jboss is:

09:50:19,954 INFO  [org.jboss.as.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-5) JBAS017100: Listening on 127.0.0.1:9999

09:50:19,972 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-6) IJ020001: Required license terms for file:/D:/jboss/jboss-eap-6.1.0/jboss-eap-6.1/modul

e/org/jboss/teiid/resource-adapter/webservice/main/./

09:50:20,458 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS010406: Registered connection factory java:/wsDS

09:50:20,467 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RaXmlDeployer] (MSC service thread 1-6) IJ020002: Deployed: file:/D:/jboss/jboss-eap-6.1.0/jboss-eap-6.1/modules/system/layers/

/resource-adapter/webservice/main/./

09:50:20,479 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-6) JBAS010401: Bound JCA ConnectionFactory [java:/wsDS]

09:50:21,261 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-1) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar".INS

service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar".INSTALL: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "connector

a2-SNAPSHOT.rar"

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:127) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.4.GA-redhat-1]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.4.GA-redhat-1]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:897) [rt.jar:1.6.0]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:919) [rt.jar:1.6.0]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736) [vm.jar:1.6.0]

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: org.jboss.jca.common.api.validator.ValidateException: IJ010075: The resource adapter metadata must cont

nd or inbound configuration

at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.process(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:209)

at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.deploy(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:126)

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:120) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]

... 5 more

at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ra.common.ResourceAdapter1516Impl.validate(ResourceAdapter1516Impl.java:352)

at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ra.common.ConnectorAbstractmpl.validate(ConnectorAbstractmpl.java:332)

at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.process(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:181)

... 7 more

09:50:21,474 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 26) JBAS018559: Deployed "translator-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.jar" (runtime-name : "translator-kairosDB

OT.jar")

09:50:21,486 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 26) JBAS018559: Deployed "kairosvdb.xml" (runtime-name : "kairosvdb.xml")

09:50:21,506 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 26) JBAS018559: Deployed "kairos1-vdb.xml" (runtime-name : "kairos1-vdb.xml")

09:50:21,521 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 26) JBAS018559: Deployed "connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar" (runtime-name : "connector-kairosDB-8

.rar")

09:50:21,546 INFO  [org.jboss.as.controller] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS014774: Service status report

JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start:      service jboss.deployment.unit."connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in ser

t.unit."connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar".INSTALL: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "connector-kairosDB-8.7.0.Alpha2-SNAPSHOT.rar"

09:50:21,846 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015961: Http management interface listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990/management

09:50:21,859 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015951: Admin console listening on http://127.0.0.1:9990

09:50:21,874 ERROR [org.jboss.as] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015875: JBoss EAP 6.1.0.GA (AS 7.2.0.Final-redhat-8) started (with errors) in 32784ms - Started 220 of 283 services (

missing dependencies, 61 services are passive or on-demand).

Help is completely appreciated. Thanks.

Laxmi

• 13. Re: Resource Adapter config
                                  jesper.pedersen

Upgrade to EAP 6.3.0.Alpha or WildFly 8 and try again.