5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2013 2:25 AM by nickarls

Sequential Deployment in JBOSS AS 7.1 with Liferay 6.1

nites67

When my JBoss is started, ROOT.war file is not getting deployed at first but the deployment is happening in alphabetical order with respect to WAR Files in Liferay 6.1. ROOT.war file has to get deployed first and then Other Custom Portlets have to get deployed as there is a dependency on the ROOT.war file.

I Have Some Information about jboss-dependancy.xml....But Is it Possible to mention name of War Files(ROOT.war) to get deployed before our Custom Portlet War file in jboss-dependance.xml at the time of Starting JBOSS Runtime Server????.. If So can anyone let me know???.....Kindly Help me...

• 1. Re: Sequential Deployment in JBOSS Runtime Server 7.1 (Liferay 6.1)
          jaikiran

Nithin welcome to the forums!

Are you sure you are using JBoss AS7? You mention a couple of things like ROOT.war and jboss-dependency.xml files which are no longer relevant in AS7.

P.S: Please do not post in bold or bigger fonts, it's considered shouting.

• 2. Re: Sequential Deployment in JBOSS Runtime Server 7.1 (Liferay 6.1)
            nites67

Hi,

Sorry abt the bold stuff and ya i am using JBoss AS7 and I mentioned ROOT.war with respect to Liferay Portal 6.1. Here Liferay is installed on JBoss AS 7. I have developed some Custom Portlets and i have deployed it.. so aft tat when  i retstart the my server, ROOT.war will get deployed after other portlets get deployed which i do not require. I want ROOT.war to get deployed at the first and then other Custom Portlets should get deployed. Order has to be changed. Please let me know if you have got any solution. Also Please find the below Server.log after server is started for your reference.

20:07:27,498 INFO  [com.liferay.portal.spring.servlet.RemotingServlet] (MSC service thread 1-2) FrameworkServlet 'Remoting Servlet': initialization completed in 2002 ms

20:07:32,868 INFO  [org.jboss.web] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS018210: Registering web context:

20:07:33,249 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS018559: Deployed "welcome-theme.war"

20:07:33,252 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS018559: Deployed "Sample1-portlet.war"

20:07:33,255 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS018559: Deployed "ROOT.war"

20:07:33,263 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS018559: Deployed "resources-importer-web.war"

20:07:33,267 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS018559: Deployed "marketplace-portlet.war"

• 3. Re: Sequential Deployment in JBOSS Runtime Server 7.1 (Liferay 6.1)
              nickarls

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Liferay working under the context that the ROOT.war is the only thing that gets directly AS-deployed and when it starts, it picks up the rest of the user-deployed stuff from another dir?

P.S: Please do not post "abt", "ya" and "aft tat"

• 4. Re: Sequential Deployment in JBOSS Runtime Server 7.1 (Liferay 6.1)
                nites67

Hi I agree to your point but that is not the way it is happening at our end. All the war files are getting deployed simultaneously. Please Let me know if you have any idea how to configure JBoss AS7 or Liferay 6.1 so that ROOT.war  gets directly deployed and when it starts it picks up the rest of the Custom War files from another directory?????

• 5. Re: Sequential Deployment in JBOSS Runtime Server 7.1 (Liferay 6.1)
                  nickarls

Where are you putting the other WARs? If you stick them in the normal standalone/deployments, they are going to be parallel processed. The guys over at the Liferay forums might be better equipped to answer application-related configuration...