4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2013 10:12 AM by roxy1987

jBPM5 Web application

roxy1987

Hi,

I have to create a web application using jBPM5. Just for normal BPM features like completing tasks, delegating tasks etc. Now, I remember using jbpm 4 and i never needed to set up jbpm. All I ever did was get the jar files and use the APIs and connect to db using ONE hibernate cfg file.

Can I do a similar thing for version 5 too?

I have been going through bpmn2user's blog. But is there another simpler way? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a million

Regards.

• 1. Re: jBPM5 Web application
          doboss

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but I have a simple web app  which runs a JBPM process attached here: https://community.jboss.org/thread/217311?tstart=0

It depends on having jboss and jbpm installed via the jbpm-installer and having the process deployed to Guvnor.

HTH

• 2. Re: jBPM5 Web application
            roxy1987

Thanks for the reply doboss. I have been able to create a web application. I can start processes, list tasks and details, complete and reassign tasks. What I am looking for now is to list processes.

To get task related details I use a TaskClient and make connection as follows :

TaskClient client =

new TaskClient((TaskClientConnector) new HornetQTaskClientConnector(name, new HornetQTaskClientHandler(SystemEventListenerFactory.getSystemEventListener())));

boolean result = client.connect("127.0.0.1", 5153);

System.

out.println("Connection Output : "+result);

BlockingTaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler =

new BlockingTaskOperationResponseHandler();

Now, how do i achieve the same thing to get all the process related details. Is there a similar client for processes?

Regards.

• 3. Re: jBPM5 Web application
              doboss

Well it sounds like you are a lot farther along than I am. I still have not figured out how to get persistence of the JBPM stuff in my web app. At some point down the road I will likely need to figure out tasking as well, but haven't started to look at that yet.

Keep up the good work!

• 4. Re: jBPM5 Web application
                roxy1987

Once I am through with the process part, I will post my web application in blog. You can check it out then.