5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2012 11:37 PM by pradeepn

Password encryption

palik

Hi

Our security officer is quite unhappy about storing passwords in XML datasource descriptor. He thinks that anybody can read that and does't listen to the fact that only two people have access to the deployment directory on server. Any ideas how to hash it or store it in another way?

Alena

• 1. Re: Password encryption
          darranl
          • 2. Re: Password encryption
            vhariprakash1

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=EncryptingDataSourcePasswords

tghe command line utility does not generates but ends up with NoclassDefFound exception even its there............
            any comments
            JBOSS 3.2

thxxxx
            hari

• 3. Re: Password encryption
              jaikiran

I've updated that wiki. Use that command now and see if it works (i just tried it on JBoss-3.2.7 and it worked).

• 4. Re: Password encryption
                sansate

Hi, I am trying to encrypt the password in windows for my Jboss 4.2.3.GA using the folloing command and getting the error message "ClassNotFoundException".

Command:

java -cp "lib/jboss-jmx.jar;lib/jboss-common.jar;server/ default/lib/jboss-jca.jar;server/default/lib/jbosssx.jar" org.jboss.resource.security.SecureIdentityLoginModule password

Error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/resource/se

curity/SecureIdentityLoginModule

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.resource.security.SecureI

dentityLoginModule

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)

Could not find the main class: org.jboss.resource.security.SecureIdentityLoginMo

dule.  Program will exit.

Can somebody pls help me out?

Thanks

San

• 5. Re: Password encryption
                  pradeepn

Even i'm having the same issue. May I know how to fix this issue .

Thank You